League of Geeks is looking for a Talent Specialist to join our team on a full-time, 12 month contract. You are enthusiastic, pro-active and have a genuine interest in helping people, and a flair for understanding what drives them to do their best work. You understand that people are at the heart of a thriving studio and will partner with studio leadership to foster conditions that enable the value our team can bring on a cultural, as well as technical level. In addition to finding, recruiting, and onboarding new talent, you will manage and refine our talent development pipelines, supporting our leads in coaching their team towards personal development goals and maintaining exemplary performance.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two, brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Note: This is a full-time, 12 month contract position with the possibility of ongoing employment, though make no mistake, you will be a critical part of the LoG family.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Prior experience in recruitment, talent acquisition, or people focused positions.
- Experience interviewing and negotiating with candidates.
- A passion for developing inclusive talent sourcing strategies and processes to attract and acquire diverse talent.
- Basic understanding of the videogame industry, development roles and practices.
- Able to work autonomously with a self-motivating, positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills. You are charismatic and empathetic.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, balancing studio needs with the intricacies of individuals.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- A passion for motivating, inspiring, mentoring and educating your fellow team members.
- Pro-actively lead recruitment, working with the broader LoG team to meet to placement deadlines for production whilst achieving key strategic targets (e.g. DEI).
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment pipeline from defining new roles with the team, talent screening and management, to successful onboarding of new hires, and all with a personal, human touch, ensuring candidates have the best possible experience throughout.
- Develop and maintain effective pipelines in our HRIS, with an eye for building an experienced and diverse workforce.
- Active sourcing, canvassing and recruitment of underrepresented/diverse candidates.
- Support our leads in managing employees’ professional and personal development at LoG.
- Assist studio leadership, hiring managers and founders on talent-focused decisions.
- Make decisions with the success and responsibility of the business as a core consideration.
- Manage and further develop LoG's work experience, graduate and internship programs.
- Respond to general enquiries regarding careers, internships, work experience, industry partnerships.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to [email protected]
In your cover letter, please outline in 250 words or less how your approach to recruitment ensures the discovery of under-represented candidates.
- Base remuneration on offer (excluding benefits such as superannuation) is between $75k p.a - $88k p.a AUD. Base remuneration is dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- This role can be held remotely and short term contracts are available for the perfect candidate.
- Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we do endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference.
For general questions and inquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks (dot) com.