At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging games experiences with unique charm and innovative gameplay. We’re looking for a Real-Time VFX Artist to create stylised particle systems and visual effects for our games.
As a member of our team, you’ll work closely with our artists to see our exciting new games' vision come to life.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
This fixed-term position can be held on a full-time or part-time basis for six to nine months, though make no mistake, you will be a critical part of the LoG family.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Professional game development (or role-relevant) experience.
- Experience using real-time VFX tools such as Niagara for Unreal, VFX Graph for Unity or PopcornFx.
- Experience writing and developing shaders, using HLSL, CG or node based tools.
- Experience using 2D and 3D DCC applications to generate assets to support VFX work
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Ability to work independently; managing time, task lists and workflow with ease.
- Detail sensitivity, a proven aesthetic eye and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- As a Real-Time VFX Artist here at League of Geeks, you will be responsible of creating VFX for our games.
- Develop and implement particle systems and other VFX for our games in collaboration with the Art and Engineering teams.
- To work with, as well as take direction from the Technical and Art Director, and make revisions as needed.
- Contribute to improvements in VFX production workflows and pipelines.
- Follow established production pipelines, procedures and conventions, and to help document these where required.
- Collaborate with other artists and the broader team to help bring the project vision to life, ensuring positive communication and creative problem-solving between disciplines.
- Bring-your-dog-to-work! Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events, including monthly get-togethers.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to [email protected]
- This role can be held remotely.
- Base remuneration on offer (excluding benefits such as superannuation) is between $73,000 p.a (AUD) - $102,000 p.a AUD. Base remuneration is dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will be notifying successful applicants first. All unsuccessful candidates will be informed at the end of the hiring process, once the position is filled.
- We’ve temporarily transitioned to a hybrid working model. We plan on returning to studio in the next 12 months.
- All interview stages will take place via video conference.
For general questions and inquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks (dot) com.