At League of Geeks, we care as much about the craft of making videogames as the videogames we craft. We are looking for a producer to empower our talented team to work autonomously, yet with purpose, clarity and efficiency towards extraordinary outcomes.
In this critical production role, you will be the Executive Producer of LoG’s brand new PC/console IP. You will shepherd communication, collaboration and exceptional decision making across all departments, delivering upon the game’s ambitious commercial, critical, and cultural objectives.
Heavy on ‘shallow’ and ‘deep’ work, the role of producer requires exceptional organisational and communication skills, requiring you to switch between emotional and mechanical mindsets rapidly and effectively, exemplifying LoG’s values under considerable pressure.
As two-time Australian Studio of the Year, we are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. So if you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios on two brand new, exciting PC/console projects, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- 3+ years professional experience working in a production role in videogame development.
- You have shipped a commercial videogame title.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills driven by a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of the game development process from start to finish.
- The initiative and autonomy to strategise and spearhead deliverables whilst exceeding quality standards.
- Fluency across production tools (Atlassian, Google suite, etc) and agile methodology.
- Ability to work to deadlines and maintain high performance levels in stressful, high-pressure scenarios.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills - both for yourself and supporting others.
- Detail sensitivity, a proven aesthetic eye and strong design sensibilities.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Facilitate communication and planning across project teams and company departments.
- Coordinate the work of cross-discipline development teams to manage features and content from idea generation to in-game implementation.
- Anticipate and address potential problems like blockers, quality concerns, budget compromises and scope changes. Communicate immediately and effectively to ensure these problems are resolved quickly before they arise.
- Ensure task and epic workflow follows proper procedure, involving relevant stakeholders when appropriate.
- Safeguard and champion quality, timeliness, and financial prudence.
- Manage the prioritisation of tasks, bugs, design iteration, and user/tester feedback.
- Work with stakeholders to build and maintain project backlogs, roadmaps, schedules and documentation.
- Collaborate, facilitate and support the team in solving problems creatively, rapidly resolving issues across the development team.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Regular self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to: [email protected]
In your cover letter, please describe your process in balancing day-to-day competing priorities between product quality, team health and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Base salary on offer (excluding benefits) is between $63,000 p.a - $100,000 p.a AUD, dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- This role is currently remote due to COVID-19. However, we plan on returning to studio when it is safe to do so. Relocation assistance is available for the perfect applicant.
- Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will be notifying successful applicants first. All unsuccessful candidates will be informed at the end of the hiring process, once the position is filled.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference.
For general questions and inquiries, please get in touch with careers (at) leagueofgeeks (dot) com.