At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences and a major part of this is having fabulous visual effects! We're looking for a Real-Time VFX artist to create stylised particle and visual effects for our new project and original IP.
Short to long term contracts available depending on the experience and availability of the applicant. Remote opportunities are available. Relocation options & ongoing work will be considered for people who are interested in full-time positions and are perfect fits for the project!
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans. If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP, we'd love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Experience building particle effects in a game engine (eg Unity, Unreal).
- Proficiency in Photoshop, After Effects and any other tools that might help you to create professional effects, such as Maya particle/dynamics, Fume etc.
- Comfortable creating shaders using Shader Graph (or equivalent) for VFX.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Understanding of how to make in-game special effects for games, or shipped titles demonstrating your experience and skill set.
- Creation of VFX for LoG's games.
- To work with, and take direction from the Technical Artist and Art Director and make revisions as needed.
- Contribute to improvements in VFX production workflows and pipelines.
- Follow established production pipelines, procedures and conventions, and to help document these where required.
- Collaborate with other artists and the broader team to help bring the project vision to life.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable work hours.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to vfx.artist.job(at)leagueofgeeks.com
- Application period closes on 31st July (CoB). We wish for this position to commence on the 5th October.
- Salary range is broad, between $68,000 p.a (AUD) - $100,000 p.a (AUD), depending on experience.
Remote work options are available for this position. Please raise an expression of interest if required.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we will endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference.