Author Topic: Deck Shuffling :)  (Read 1099 times)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Deck Shuffling :)
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:05:15 PM »
Sorry one more thought for the night.

I talked about this with Lisy and Blake when I was lucky enough to visit the office, but thought I'd stick it up here as well to get others thoughts on the idea.

Given that Armello is a board game, with cards, in decks. It is actually possible for the Deck to run out of cards. What happens is then all discared/used/burnt cards from that deck are reshuffled and put back into play. It all happens auto magically thanks to the wonders of it being Digital !

But I think it would be great if the game told us when it was doing that. Nothing fancy, just a little message saying "Spell Deck reshuffled", or some such.

It would help people understand that its
1) a shared deck all players pull from
2) it can run out
3) this is not a Computer card game where you build your own deck.

Anyways what do people think ?

Alvorn

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Shuffling :)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:02:01 PM »
That's strange, I thought the draws worked on probability rather than being a virtual deck, to stop card counting/monopolizing.  Did that change?

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:37:28 PM »
That's strange, I thought the draws worked on probability rather than being a virtual deck, to stop card counting/monopolizing.  Did that change?
I was aware that there was a certain number because we were told not to attempt to count how many of each card was available for the wiki, for each individual card. Not that I wanted to spend all my time doing that...  :-X
~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »

Nope there "real" virtual deck.

Card counting would be difficult due to the number of cards the other players have and you never seeing them cause they burn them. Then again with the next patch that will change won't it...

Alvorn