Author Topic: Making Multiplayer Games Easier to Start  (Read 1111 times)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Making Multiplayer Games Easier to Start
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »
Hey All,

So like many of you I've found it tough to get into Multiplayer game of late through the public que.
Most often you will sit there with 1 or two players, just waiting for the spots to fill up. Why don't you make it so that you can either:

1) rollover the little number flag and find out who the other player(s) are in the que and so that way if no one turns up you can create a private game and send them an invite.
2) Have a button next to the "search eye "that becomes available after the same folks being in the que for 5 min that you can click to auto start a private game and fill in the "missing" spots with AI players.
3) Similar to two, but just have it auto pop up a message after 5 min and say, not enough players found do you want to have a private game including AI ?

Thoughts ?

Alvorn

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Making Multiplayer Games Easier to Start
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »
Works for me.

Belar

• The Only Player EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
I think the feature with AI filling the queue after X minutes of waiting is planned already (player who left being replaced with AI is its early form).

Also, IIRC, there is a lobby chat in the making (lobby only, in-game communication will stay as it is - good thing), so you will be able to have a conversation with people who are in a queue with you. It's very likely nicks will be visible there, so it will be easy to setup a private game.

That's what I read on the forum.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:34:46 PM by Belar »

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:40:30 PM »
I think the feature with AI filling the queue after X minutes of waiting is planned already (player who left being replaced with AI is its early form).

Also, IIRC, there is a lobby chat in the making (lobby only, in-game communication will stay as it is - good thing), so you will be able to have a conversation with people who are in a queue with you. It's very likely nicks will be visible there, so it will be easy to setup a private game.

That's what I read on the forum.

Hey Belar,

Great news. Any chance you could add the link here to where you read that ?

Alvorn

Belar

• The Only Player EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:47:26 PM »
AI thing can be found here http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=819.0

I don't really remember where I read about the lobby thing, it may be a bounce from different discussion, so treat it like it was a 50% rumour. Maybe someone closer to LoG will be able to confirm or deny.

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
2) Have a button next to the "search eye "that becomes available after the same folks being in the que for 5 min that you can click to auto start a private game and fill in the "missing" spots with AI players.

Hiya Alvorn,

This is totally something we've got in the pipeline. I'm glad you think this is a good idea :)