Author Topic: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?  (Read 23381 times)

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
Totally furry. :P
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 03:02:26 PM »
I love the art, I love the energy of the characters and it brings something unique that's not the same old humans all the time. But I don't consider myself to be a "furry". Much like "bronies" it's a term that sounds fun to associate with until you learn about the more crazy and cringe-worthy parts of the community - which I don't hate on, but wish to distance my sense of self-identity from.

Most of the self-identifying furries are wonderful people, and I do admit that the outright disdain some people show for anthropomorphic characters really ticks me off.

Aruvella

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »
Guilty as charged. As far as the community goes I am involved in it but only in a specific facet and where contributions are concerned I am a writer first and an artist second.

LoyalWolf

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 03:34:14 PM »
I'd consider myself a furry, but not necessarily one that's active in the community. I've been to one furry con and it was awesome. I definitely hope to go to more in the future. And one day I'd love to own a fur suit. But furry is not necessarily my dominant alternative identity...that would probably be table top gamer or just generally geek.

K Fox

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »
*deepsoulwrenchingsigh* And so it begins, eh? ;)

*quietly goes back to read all the responses that were skipped to post this.*

K Fox

BTW - Hi Toby! o/  :P
This is my sig, there are many like it but this one is mine... :D

K Fox

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 06:35:43 PM »
Furries made this project possible, without a doubt...

Maybe, though I'm sure we were a pretty big part, even if not the majority. I wonder how many of the LoG team are also furry, though...

That said, I do know one thing that furries are completely responsible for - Facerig. That is happening completely because of us - no doubt in my mind. :) So we get to take all the credit for bringing in the next major social media rage - anthrochat. lol

Might make it to RMFC this year...will need to see how our upcoming move and new employment pans out.

My husband is another furry, much more creative than I, and is a minor Internet-celebrity for things other than furry.

Hmmm...are you a Coloradoan, then? One of the funniest things about me that makes people go "WTF??!?" is that I'm less than an hour from RMFC and have never been. Maybe this year, but it's not looking good. Though only death (and/or other issues of that level) will keep me from Oklacon - that's me home!!

K Fox
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:38:02 PM by K Fox »
This is my sig, there are many like it but this one is mine... :D

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 07:55:41 PM »
That said, I do know one thing that furries are completely responsible for - Facerig.

Whoa whoa. Since when was this actually a thing? I remember people talking about it but it definitely wasn't a part of the original game plan.

Kinan Eldari

• Backer
  • "the Solar Force"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 09:24:41 PM »
Not a furry. Rather a big fan of Disney instead(view that how you like, but it was a staple of my childhood) and I've always liked the design of anthropomorphic animals. I think better put; I see the interesting and aesthetics in things not human, so I equally appreciate the design of the aliens from Avatar and Mass Effect and many other humanoids.

So no, not a furry. But I wanted to voice my view of things. The topic seemed appropriate : )

Tirominos

• Backer
  • Fox Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »
Well guilty as well seen it on FA loved the concept lore and the fact is something new and interesting. ;)

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 12:04:53 AM »

Hmmm...are you a Coloradoan, then? One of the funniest things about me that makes people go "WTF??!?" is that I'm less than an hour from RMFC and have never been. Maybe this year, but it's not looking good. Though only death (and/or other issues of that level) will keep me from Oklacon - that's me home!!

K Fox

Currently in SW Louisiana, moving to the Dallas area in less than a month. I just have a few good furry friends in the Denver area that will make it reasonably simple to attend.

I have never been to Oklacon, but only because it is scheduled at a horrendous time in the semester (I teach college biology) and I can never get away. I know tons of people that go there, though. Jase is one of my best friends, I had dinner with BlueOtter recently when I was in the area interviewing, and one of my oldest furry friends (person who drew my avatar) is EbonyTigress (though she has been off the furry radar and might be permanently, we still see each other). Those are only a few, I know a ton of others by association.

JimMaru

• Backer
  • ANARCHY FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 04:17:33 AM »
Furry here! I draw a bit, and have some stuff on FA and all.
My avatar here is one of the pictures I drew.
I really like anthro arts. It's much better to express any kind of emotion or story without putting ourselves so close to it.
Think like Lion King, it's basically a Greek tragedy, but because of the way it was approached art-wise it becomes more mild and therefore easier to enjoy and pass a message.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »
*raises paw (?)* I'm just a watcher, I found Armello by chance on kickstarter and decided to support it.

*hides again in the shadows*

Ive never gone out of my way to look at it but i dont mind anyone who does!!

Ps. im quoting your comment because you have  an awesome username!

YouTube | Email

Xaroka

• Backer
  • There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 09:47:24 PM »
A furry? Yes. An artist? No. Tried that once, no go, not at all.

But writing? Yup, but unfortunately I got writers block and is currently just mapping out the various things in the world where everything takes place. World history, religion, character relations, story relations, flora and fauna, map, locations... There is a lot of background stuff to do before I continue with the story itself -_-

What drew me here? A journal from one of the peeps I watch on Deviant Art linked the kickstarter page.

Dev

• Backer
  • The Alpha and Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 11:32:23 PM »
Ps. im quoting your comment because you have  an awesome username!
Lol, tnx x)

Kanrei

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2014, 08:38:05 AM »
I’m a furry too, and I also do art, you will find my under Kanrei onto different furry sites. I draw stuff, but also do fursuits. (Not that much yet, but I look forward to do more fursuits. At the moment I work on a fursuit for me.)
However, I wonder, why people on kickstarter, don’t use the word furry for letting people find their stuff. (I rarely find anything, when searching for furry, but then randomly I stumble over some projects with anthropomorphic animals. Maybe they would get more pledges, if there would be easier findable.)