Author Topic: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?  (Read 23382 times)

TobiasAmaranth

• Backer
  • Fox-Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Werewolves of the Dark Arts - Facebook
Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?
« on: May 23, 2014, 08:19:38 AM »
*Raises his hand* Guilty. But I'm sure there's a ton of us lurking around here.

Are you an artist? A writer? What's your FA? Where did you hear about Armello first?

(Because this is a cross-culture environment and not one just for furries, remember to be on your best public behavior. We want to be respected, not laughed at, even if people might not laugh out loud.)

I'm not an artist or writer, but I occasionally help co-host art streams with a friend. I also frequently support another friend's t-shirt marketing. My FA is the same as my username here, TobiasAmaranth. And I first heard about Armello through the r/furry subreddit.
Creator of Werewolves of the Dark Arts and a big supporter of Fablefire.

Dev

• Backer
  • The Alpha and Omega
    • View Profile
Re: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:27:19 AM »
*raises paw (?)* I'm just a watcher, I found Armello by chance on kickstarter and decided to support it.

*hides again in the shadows*

SpitFire

• Backer
  • "Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:48:48 AM »
I consider myself "furry-lite". If a nice art piece happens to pop up to appreciate or something cool furry related happen then great. Otherwise i just go on with my daily life.

I ran across armello when i was just strolling the internet on gaming sites.

AJ

• Backer
  • Keep Drawing!
    • View Profile
    • Clover Coin Designs
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:59:48 AM »
I have no idea what the levels of "Furry" are or if I even consider myself one.

Here is what I do know, I love having a fursona character to draw, I love drawing animal characteristics/animal characters, and I love doing commissions with furries! They majorly help out with my bills. It's stressful being a freelance artist but they really give a helping paw in that matter.

As I mentioned I am an artist, in my signature there are links to my galleries and blog. It's really nice to meet you guys! Glad to know I'm not the only one who got drawn in by the amazing characters Armello has showed us so far.
DAFATumblr

Kobb

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Western Deep
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 09:25:24 AM »
I've loved animal characters all my life, whether I'm creating or consuming stories about them. Redwall was a cornerstone of my childhood, and Watership Down is still my favorite novel of all time. However, I don't consider myself part of the furry community, nor have I participated in it. No ill will toward y'all who do, though. :3

Dev

• Backer
  • The Alpha and Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 09:37:12 AM »
I've loved animal characters all my life, whether I'm creating or consuming stories about them. Redwall was a cornerstone of my childhood, and Watership Down is still my favorite novel of all time. However, I don't consider myself part of the furry community, nor have I participated in it. No ill will toward y'all who do, though. :3
Well you can consider yourself a furry but not being part of the furry community...hard to explain really...
BTW I have read since the KS comments that many of you talk about something called Redwall. What is that about?

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »
I'm a furry, yes. I'll even admit that part of joining this community was to potentially meet other furs as well, since I knew they'd be drawn to this.

Are you an artist? A writer? What's your FA? Where did you hear about Armello first?

I write for a number of Wikis and do some fiction on the side, but I'm not an artist at all, nor do I have an FA (but I've been meaning to get one). I guess I'm what you call an "outlier".

First heard about Armello on IGN last April. They ran an article with a header to the effect of "Secret of NIMH-style Game on Kickstarter...!" and I pounced right on it.  Frankly, it's not so much NIMH as it is a buncha other things, but the comparison was enough to get my attention.

I have no idea what the levels of "Furry" are or if I even consider myself one.

Well, you've got an artistic mind and heart that finds beauty and enjoyment in the fluffy and floofy (or is that "floffy and fwoopy"?) but no point in applying the label if you don't think it fits. Consequently, those are some of my most favorite people, no matter they wanna call themselves.  ;D

BTW I have read since the KS comments that many of you talk about something called Redwall. What is that about?

It's a series of (22, I think) young-reader fantasy books from the 80's to the 2000's that make up a huge over-arcing story about various generations of woodland mouse/rabbit/otter/badger/mole-folk, mostly centered around a location called Redwall Abbey. There was an animated series based on three of the books in the early 2000's. I've only read a few, but they have a really fleshed-out universe.

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »
Furries made this project possible, without a doubt.

Oh, and if the icon does not make it obvious...

My character is Istences, but my FA handle is the same as my name. I have tried to write fiction in the past, which typically ends up in miserable failure. One that I wrote years ago is still my best.

Might make it to RMFC this year...will need to see how our upcoming move and new employment pans out.

My husband is another furry, much more creative than I, and is a minor Internet-celebrity for things other than furry.

taka32

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 10:29:26 AM »
>_>
Yea, I'm a furry...granted my presence around the community is scarce at best.

VVolf

• Backer
  • The one in the shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »
Furry? What's that?

Nah, couldn't say that and keep a strait face.

First heard of the KickStarter from the webcomic: Beyond the Western Deep ( http://www.westerndeep.net/)
Didn't see it until it was less than 24 hours left on it, but managed to throw some one else into the bandwagon before it ended.

/.-, VVolf

Skitterleaper

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
Redwall was a cornerstone of my childhood

Must be odd seeing a Vermin species as one of the main heroes, then :)

Kobb

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Western Deep
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »
Must be odd seeing a Vermin species as one of the main heroes, then :)
Heheh, not really. I also grew up loving Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, so I'm not too thrown off if a rat isn't evil. Though it's admittedly odd seeing an otter hero presented with the epitaph "dark butcher" - they're usually such jovial fellows! Very intriguing.

Skitterleaper

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »
Though it's admittedly odd seeing an otter hero presented with the epitaph "dark butcher" - they're usually such jovial fellows! Very intriguing.

Well, Taggerung was always one of my favourite Redwall books!

I'm looking forwards to immersing myself in the world that LoG are building for us, though! Looks like they're going to be telling us a lot of backstory just through gameplay, and exploring it all is going to be one of the funnest parts...

TobiasAmaranth

• Backer
  • Fox-Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Werewolves of the Dark Arts - Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 12:31:20 PM »
To be honest, I'm more interested in the world building side of Armello right now than the game itself. I hope to see it popularized in the same way stuff like Redwall was. Having an adventure game, or longer stories with the characters, would be enjoyable. Looking forward to the first short story to see what sort of feel they will have.
Creator of Werewolves of the Dark Arts and a big supporter of Fablefire.

Lucas

• Backer
  • Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 12:44:26 PM »
When you ask it like that Tobias, you make it sound "derogatory". :P

I think anyone who backed this game even a teeny bit has got to be the slightest bit furry themselves. If only because the character art and models look amazing!