Author Topic: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?  (Read 19484 times)

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »
Haha, that's right! But I'd probably think there's a difference between Star Trek fans and 'Trekkies'.

Definitely! But both of them can talk about the same thing. To both the fan and the trekkie, there was that one episode where Capt. Picard did this one awesome thing. The characters all have unique personalities. The Enterprise has a very specific look and feel, and both know when something is off. There's an established, set idea of what any one part of the Star Trek series is supposed to be.

With furries, that's less so. I don' t think the majority of furries subscribe to any one canon, though a lot of them place themselves in the Star Fox universe, or the Kung Fu Panda universe, or the Robin Hood universe. Etc etc.

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2015, 04:08:52 PM »
Haha, that's right! But I'd probably think there's a difference between Star Trek fans and 'Trekkies'.

Definitely! But both of them can talk about the same thing. To both the fan and the trekkie, there was that one episode where Capt. Picard did this one awesome thing. The characters all have unique personalities. The Enterprise has a very specific look and feel, and both know when something is off. There's an established, set idea of what any one part of the Star Trek series is supposed to be.

With furries, that's less so. I don' t think the majority of furries subscribe to any one canon, though a lot of them place themselves in the Star Fox universe, or the Kung Fu Panda universe, or the Robin Hood universe. Etc etc.

I sure hope I can still get along with furries to talk about how awesome those characters are though. Animal characters are fun.

Luciuseros7

• Armello Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2016, 04:58:38 PM »
Is guilty of being a furry

InariFox

• I'M A ADORABLE SMOL SNEAKY FOX!!! WATCH OUT!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »
I'm indeed a furry and I discovered the Armello Kickstarter thanks to the /r/furry subreddit.
|Follow me on Twitter:@TaosukeFox|Challenge me to Armello and add me on Steam:InariFox|
Armello Discord chat server(Now over 1000 members!): https://discord.gg/VubfUfM
I also play Bemani rhythm games, Overwatch & STGs!

VarVau

• View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2016, 03:42:27 AM »
Although I know people in that fandom, I'm not part of, or involved, with it. I simply have a preference for characters who are not human.
Follow me on Deviant Art: http://mutyatheghast.deviantart.com

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »
Should probably answer this being in the Community for so long.

Definitely not a suit wearer/admirer.  I do appreciate the artstyle for it's increase of character variety over "humans only", it's storytellling shortcuts from species tropes.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2016, 12:54:04 PM »
Should probably answer this being in the Community for so long.

Definitely not a suit wearer/admirer.  I do appreciate the artstyle for it's increase of character variety over "humans only", it's storytellling shortcuts from species tropes.

Yup! Mediums like Redwall and the new Zootopia seem to be exploiting these character shortcuts beautifully! ^_^

KaijuCorgi

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »
It's pretty obvious from my avatar, but yes, furry here! I make fursuits here and there under the moniker 8 Foot Rabbit. I'd say I'm semi-active in the fandom; very active on Twitter, inactive on FA, inactive locally, but go to a couple cons a year. Found out about Armello via Twitter.

What I really want to know, however, is how many LoG folks consider themselves furries...  ;)

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2016, 01:24:14 AM »
I think the LoG crew stated on a stream that none of them identify that way, since they were unfamiliar with Fur conventions when people started inviting them.

ZeirosLion

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2016, 06:03:02 AM »
Used to be. Then I had a lot of negative experience with the community. I enjoy the art nowadays, and that's about it.

Doesn't stop me from getting to know people. As long as I get to know them by their given name, of course. :D

Rob_Silvermyst

• King of Furgasta
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
I've been a furry since 1996, though I only recently started to attend conventions and go to meets. I'm a roleplayer, story teller and world builder first and foremost, but I am working on getting into digital art after making an agreeable amount of progress using my 3DS and Pokemon Art Studio. I want to get into game creation, but being tight on money gets me nowhere. Closest I can do is making visual novels via ren'py. It's been my dream to eventually make a Disgaea/Fire Emblem-like hybrid game using my mythos of what I call my Legend of Furgasta writings, a steampunk fantasy world of anthropamorphic races and a religion that blends the ancient Egyptian pantheon with the 8 Virtues system of Richard Garriot's Ultima series. I am a bit ADHD, so I rarely am ever able to finish projects I start on. I do have a partial fursuit.

This picture was made by FluffyStorm out of one part of my Legend of Furgasta writings during the final battle of the Demon War saga.

I found Armello by chance browsing the Steam games lineup, looking to see if there were any actual furry-based games on Steam.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:19:21 AM by Rob_Silvermyst »

Lynx

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2017, 12:54:59 PM »
I was a furry once upon a time, but am not anymore. after I discovered a few years ago I'm more of a general fantasy ethusisiast instead. I found Armello by pure chance while browsing Steam.

Badger134

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2017, 04:11:21 PM »
Fucking kek

PeppeSaso

• Chubby Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2017, 02:11:00 AM »
*raises paws* Furry (and soon fursuiter / fursuit performer too). To be honest Armello caught my interest because:

• It features anthropomorphic characters
  • It's a boardgame

But probably without reason 1 I wouldn't still playing it nowadays. And yes, most of my not-public online matches are with furry friends I know even before (or after) discovering Armello. 8)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »
I will admit to this.  My favorite Disney movies since I was a kid featured furry characters.  Two of my favorite established video game franchises are StarFox and Sly Cooper.  Another indie video game besides Armello that I absolutely  love is Dust: An Elysian Tail.  And I have more than my fair share of, shall we say indecent, furry artwork of very attractive furry females.  And before any of you ask, my favorite movie of 2016 was Zootopia.

Ironically though, I find fursuiters to be weird.  That's just my opinion though.  If it makes you happy then go for it, it's your life, make the decisions that make you happy.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:35:08 PM by CrazyBob05 »