Author Topic: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?  (Read 32260 times)

Fitali

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »
A more specific question I have-- Who else here identifies as a furry under the Asexuality Spectrum/Ace Umbrella?

Not that common among furries, assuredly. I certainly do not, but my best friend (a genderfluid furry) identifies as demisexual.

There are a few FA communities that you can seek out to do some more networking.
Thanks!  It's not too common an attribute to begin with '^^

Tanekoden

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »
Okay, I admit it. I too am a furry.  It's not something I really tell people, as only a few of my friends know.  I have an FA account, but nothing on it yet.  I do like to draw and animate (mostly sfw stuff), but I am more heavily a gamer.  As for the furry community, I don't usually get involved much.  I really enjoy the art, both adult and clean, as well as the general concept of anthro characters.  I actually keep thinking about making a game or comic with anthro characters in it, but I always have a difficult time starting projects.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2014, 12:40:46 AM »
Okay, I admit it. I too am a furry.  It's not something I really tell people, as only a few of my friends know.  I have an FA account, but nothing on it yet.  I do like to draw and animate (mostly sfw stuff), but I am more heavily a gamer.  As for the furry community, I don't usually get involved much.  I really enjoy the art, both adult and clean, as well as the general concept of anthro characters.  I actually keep thinking about making a game or comic with anthro characters in it, but I always have a difficult time starting projects.

Mate whatever you decide to do with your life is entirely up to you, as long as its not illegal or disrespectful i dont see why anyone here or anyone elsewhere would have an issue with it :) Just know regardless of where you go, I and the rest of the commentors on this thread will definitely support you 110% of the way no matter where you take it ok :)

Trendane

• Backer
  • Voice actor, writer, comic.
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »

Been one for a looong time.
--
Tren Sparks
I'm not crazy...I'm merely sane in the same way that Velveeta is cheese.

Zarpaulus

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2014, 01:09:19 PM »
How did I miss this video:

Bitter Lake

CloudCuckooCountry

• Backer
  • Outstanding!
    • View Profile
    • CloudCuckooCountry Book Reviewing Channel
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2015, 03:26:06 PM »
I am. But I don't interact with anyone in the furry community at all. I find attempting to break into communities to be a daunting experience. Wait... what am I doing now?
This game needs more birds.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2015, 03:28:47 PM »
I am. But I don't interact with anyone in the furry community at all. I find attempting to break into communities to be a daunting experience. Wait... what am I doing now?

A firm welcome to you my friend! How are you finding Armello?!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:57:03 PM by 8BitProxy »

Larux

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2015, 06:57:59 PM »
Can't say that I even know what furry is completely. I buy games for 80% gameplay and 20% graphics and artstyle. This game had the gameplay what I was looking for and the artstyle gave me crazy redwall vibes so I had to back the game :)

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2015, 07:08:16 PM »
Can't say that I even know what furry is completely. I buy games for 80% gameplay and 20% graphics and artstyle. This game had the gameplay what I was looking for and the artstyle gave me crazy redwall vibes so I had to back the game :)

The furry fandom is a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics

According to this anyway

CloudCuckooCountry

• Backer
  • Outstanding!
    • View Profile
    • CloudCuckooCountry Book Reviewing Channel
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »
Haven't actually started playing it yet. I'm stuck in a house with four people sharing a 15GB data cap. I'll be downloading it and hopefully playing it with a friend in about a week when I move to a different house with less stifling internet. But it looks very good and I've been itching to play it since I backed it ages ago.
This game needs more birds.

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
The furry fandom is a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics

I think it's a lot more difficult to stick to the default meaning these days. A lot of the public perception goes for the crazy stuff, fursonas, suits etc. By the above description I would be considered a furry, but I wouldn't be comfortable with that since I at most would enjoy the art and characters.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »
Hrm... yeah, basically what Snacuum said. Even if people do identify as furries to any degree, there's a certain hesitation to commit to that descriptor. There's a certain stigma to the word. I mean, I know a lot of folks who say "I just like catgirls" or "I'm only into the art" so that they don't have to call themselves 'furry'.

A part of it, too, is that the furry fandom itself has VERY nebulous borders. "An interest in anthropomorphic animals" can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people. Seriously, this is a major bug/feature of the fandom. Since there's no established canon, like there would be for a Star Trek or Lord of the Rings fandom, furries have to define and create it for themselves.

Oh yeah, and I'm a furry too. I almost forgot to actually answer the question, here. XD

cassius

• Backer
  • waff
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2015, 12:25:22 AM »
I'm a fur c: my fa is gshepherd.

I heard about Armello from a friend who had seen something about it online.
I liked the look of it so I became a backer. Really enjoying the early access beta so far.

As for how many people know, a fair few. My parents know, they're really cool with it.
A fair few of my friends know as well, most of them are furries too haha.

I attend the monthly meets in my city and go to the UK conventions.
Really want to attend this year's EF then maybe a couple US cons next year.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2015, 12:36:45 AM »
I'm a fur c: my fa is gshepherd.

I heard about Armello from a friend who had seen something about it online.
I liked the look of it so I became a backer. Really enjoying the early access beta so far.

As for how many people know, a fair few. My parents know, they're really cool with it.
A fair few of my friends know as well, most of them are furries too haha.

I attend the monthly meets in my city and go to the UK conventions.
Really want to attend this year's EF then maybe a couple US cons next year.

Hey Cassius! Nice to meet you!
What tier did you back at?

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2015, 12:56:41 AM »
Since there's no established canon, like there would be for a Star Trek or Lord of the Rings fandom, furries have to define and create it for themselves.

Haha, that's right! But I'd probably think there's a difference between Star Trek fans and 'Trekkies'.