Author Topic: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?  (Read 32307 times)

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2014, 01:39:53 PM »
Well! In all honesty I consider myself as one. My gaming profile revolves around it, almost every forum I am in has a hint of fur in it. I had a fur affinity account. I tried to draw anthropomorphic animals ((And failed miserably))

The only thing is.. With my family and most of my friends I am kinda in the closet with that one. Really, I wanna get everything I need: The career I want being priority before I come out to the world and say "Hay! Guess what! I am with the fur!" Then go work on a suit and develop my fursona into real life.

The main reason for that is due to the stereotypes out there... I really don't want to have that hate bombarding me in real life.. Especially if some recruiter heard about the truth. Who would put a furry on the force when everyone thinks furrys.. *ahem* you know... ((During your psychological evaluation for any department you are asked if you are intimidated by animals. If they think like the way society thinks about furries then.. I'd be screwed.))

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2014, 07:51:09 AM »
Well! In all honesty I consider myself as one. My gaming profile revolves around it, almost every forum I am in has a hint of fur in it. I had a fur affinity account. I tried to draw anthropomorphic animals ((And failed miserably))

The only thing is.. With my family and most of my friends I am kinda in the closet with that one. Really, I wanna get everything I need: The career I want being priority before I come out to the world and say "Hay! Guess what! I am with the fur!" Then go work on a suit and develop my fursona into real life.

The main reason for that is due to the stereotypes out there... I really don't want to have that hate bombarding me in real life.. Especially if some recruiter heard about the truth. Who would put a furry on the force when everyone thinks furrys.. *ahem* you know... ((During your psychological evaluation for any department you are asked if you are intimidated by animals. If they think like the way society thinks about furries then.. I'd be screwed.))

Honestly dude or dudette, Being a fur should   not be defined by what normal people think or believe nor should they be defined by the vocal minority. It is a very very large umbrella. Sure there are some aspects of the Fandom you don't like, but you have to accept that it exists, it is present, and you don't have to be a part of that stuff if you don't want to. On FA, I follow the creator of the webcomic series Housepets and he recently created a journal and a submission that tries to define how people (fur or non fur) define furries. I am not going to link it here because I am sure that FA is now permanently flagged as an adult website even though there are plenty of people there that don't do that stuff, but I will say his FA name is Rickgriffin and the journal you are looking for is entitled or rather are entitled

What The Crap Is Even Furry 3: Revenge of the Furs    (2 months ago)
What The Crap Is Even Furry Addendum    (2 months ago)
Part 3 - On What The Crap Is Even Furry    (2 months ago)
Part 2 - On Deliberately Sidestepping Reality    (2 months ago)
On Anthro Anatomy    (2 months ago)
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2014, 10:04:12 AM »
I completely understand that! I have successfully conveyed that truth to those who I trust the most! What I really hate is how those who hated the fandom somehow got their voice to spread across the public channels. I really stand by the fact being with the fur doesn't mean you are of with adult contact, but a lot of people seem to be rather too ignorant to take that in. I don't wanna take that risk and have the fact I am a furry floating around in the real life community just yet.. It could risk my future.

Being a furry isn't always about that ((Last I recall 17%)) 'stuff' but that stuff somehow is what the average person thinks when they hear about furry.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2014, 03:15:53 PM »
I completely understand that! I have successfully conveyed that truth to those who I trust the most! What I really hate is how those who hated the fandom somehow got their voice to spread across the public channels. I really stand by the fact being with the fur doesn't mean you are of with adult contact, but a lot of people seem to be rather too ignorant to take that in. I don't wanna take that risk and have the fact I am a furry floating around in the real life community just yet.. It could risk my future.

Being a furry isn't always about that ((Last I recall 17%)) 'stuff' but that stuff somehow is what the average person thinks when they hear about furry.

Well mate just know that regardless of what you choose to do we here on the forums will always be here to support you :)

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2014, 11:43:53 PM »

Well mate just know that regardless of what you choose to do we here on the forums will always be here to support you :)

Until the community inevitably expands and large numbers of intolerant people come in and try to drive the furries out :P (despite the fact that all the fantasy critters in Amerllo thus far are technically considered anthropomorphic)
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.

Furasian

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2014, 05:01:08 AM »
Ish good to know this community is holding out for me... For now!

I dunno! Maybe this community will hold it's own and maintain a sense of equality and good nature instead of being faced with the typical what I call 'troll strolls' I HAVE A DREAM...

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »
well im certainly going to be sticking around to put the new people in the corner ;)

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »

Until the community inevitably expands and large numbers of intolerant people come in and try to drive the furries out :P (despite the fact that all the fantasy critters in Amerllo thus far are technically considered anthropomorphic)

Intolerant people have no place in this community. Report them and I'll ban them from every single thing I have the power to ban them from.

<3 LoG

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »

Intolerant people have no place in this community. Report them and I'll ban them from every single thing I have the power to ban them from.

<3 LoG

Trent for Fursident

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2014, 10:43:41 PM »
Being a fur should   not be defined by what normal people think or believe nor should they be defined by the vocal minority.

Unfortunately that's how it goes down. Not in terms of how people identify themselves of course, simply the outward perceptions. It will always be the extremes of a stereotype that will form the majority's perception, as that's the easiest. It's for that reason I don't consider myself a furry. Me and many others here would call themselves gamers, geeks or nerds, role-players etc. and well, the layman would think of some lazy teenager in their parents basement even though that stereotype is outdated.

I used to call myself a Brony until I discovered what I'd be associated with. 

Until the community inevitably expands and large numbers of intolerant people come in and try to drive the furries out

How would they would even manage to enter a community about playing games like Armello and not be tolerant of furries is beyond me.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »

Until the community inevitably expands and large numbers of intolerant people come in and try to drive the furries out

How would they would even manage to enter a community about playing games like Armello and not be tolerant of furries is beyond me.

How people have an issue with others with slanted eyes or darker skin is beyond me, people are just dumb

Gobelin

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:11 AM »
Nope i'm not.

kovushane

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2014, 02:38:30 AM »
I'm too furry for my own good.
But seriously yes I am a furry. I try to make art and write some crap but I generally suck at it lol.
When I first found Armello the only reason I was interested was because of the anthro characters, but I was pulled into Armello because of how awesome the game seems like it will be.
Explosions.

Fitali

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2014, 02:41:47 PM »
A more specific question I have-- Who else here identifies as a furry under the Asexuality Spectrum/Ace Umbrella?

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2014, 03:19:42 PM »
A more specific question I have-- Who else here identifies as a furry under the Asexuality Spectrum/Ace Umbrella?

Not that common among furries, assuredly. I certainly do not, but my best friend (a genderfluid furry) identifies as demisexual.

There are a few FA communities that you can seek out to do some more networking.