Author Topic: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?  (Read 31826 times)

EscoDingo

• Backer
  • Dingo-At-Arms
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinity Page
Re: Let's be honest, who here considers themselves a furry?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2014, 01:05:12 AM »
I'm a furry! I've been active since about 2005, but I've been drawing anthropomorphic animals my entire life. You can find me on FA under the same name. I'm working on creating an art tumblr where I can post my furry and non-furry art together since I don't post my non-furry art on FA.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/escodingo/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/escodingo

I'm a pretty proud furry. I like to act as an ambassador to my local community, being an artist and a fursuit maker and performer. I've gotten quite good at explaining the fandom and in general what most of us are about. I've been to some cons, and plan on going to many more now that I'm out of school. I've been to Midwest FurFest 2006 and 2012, and Furry Weekend Atlanta 2012, 2013, and 2014, amongst dozens of anime and comic cons.

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2014, 02:11:52 AM »
@Esco: I have seen your suit around, it is very well-made. I am sure I have seen it on Jase's favorites list before, and the man knows quality suits. Looking on getting one of my own before I get too old to wear it...getting this job I am waiting to hear back from would likely accelerate the process!

I thought about doing MFF this year, but I am prioritizing the possibility of getting to RMFC more. My husband and a couple of our friends are probably going again, though.

I have taught college biology for the past 7 years, so I can definitely identify with you there. And my husband has been an invited guest at an assortment of anime cons. Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:33:15 AM by Leftcross »

Ratical

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 05:30:12 AM »
Dingo, you're such a doll. Making those awesome suits and being a spokes-fur to everyone. That's so great. I said it before at the KS, but that's what they call 'talent'!

And Lefty, I feel like I wanna call you senpai or something. Is that the word? I don't watch enough anime, but I think it's that person you wanna follow around and carry their books for them or something. I guess you'd prefer someone to help you move, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

I'm being flanked by so many cool furs here. Like a big fuzzy sandwich.

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2014, 05:43:58 AM »
And Lefty, I feel like I wanna call you senpai or something. Is that the word? I don't watch enough anime, but I think it's that person you wanna follow around and carry their books for them or something. I guess you'd prefer someone to help you move, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

I'm being flanked by so many cool furs here. Like a big fuzzy sandwich.

*Laughs*...senpai is just Japanese for a senior mentor that has turned into an anime trope. I am actually not much of an anime fan (even less of a fan of the cons)--it is my better half that is the huge anime nerd. He was actually just at a con and should be back from the airport in a few minutes. He edits and directs a popular DBZ parody that has been good enough to gain his team recognition and networking opportunities.

We have friends lining up to help us move. I know you were not being serious, but I do appreciate the thought!

And as long as nobody lets Sibe in here, we should be fine. -^^-

Georgesquares

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »
Sibe just steals art and watches every single furry he can find on twitter in a compulsively creepy way. Other than that, he's harmless. :U *uses block function to solve all problems*

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »
Sibe just steals art and watches every single furry he can find on twitter in a compulsively creepy way. Other than that, he's harmless. :U *uses block function to solve all problems*

i just googled Sibe to find out what you guys are talking about!!

Who is this dude!! haha he seems like Lex Luthor of superman :P

Georgesquares

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »
Haha, no. He just does irresponsible things and gets himself banned from places. You can read more about him on wikifur if you like.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2014, 12:50:27 PM »
Haha, no. He just does irresponsible things and gets himself banned from places. You can read more about him on wikifur if you like.

oh ok well i will return with more info!!

EscoDingo

• Backer
  • Dingo-At-Arms
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinity Page
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »
@Esco: I have seen your suit around, it is very well-made. I am sure I have seen it on Jase's favorites list before, and the man knows quality suits. Looking on getting one of my own before I get too old to wear it...getting this job I am waiting to hear back from would likely accelerate the process!

I thought about doing MFF this year, but I am prioritizing the possibility of getting to RMFC more. My husband and a couple of our friends are probably going again, though.

I have taught college biology for the past 7 years, so I can definitely identify with you there. And my husband has been an invited guest at an assortment of anime cons. Cheers!

*blush* Awww, thank you!  :3 I'm planning on MFF this year pending unforeseen circumstances. That's so cool you teach biology! I adore my college bio professors. Such a great crowd. And you're never too old to fursuit, I believe!

MadFerret

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 05:50:16 AM »
Oh, alright fine. You got me.

I'm a furry! There I said it!

Was it that obvious? :P

But yeah, Armello probably attracted a good population of furs.. but if i were to guess, I'd say we were a small minority compared to everyone else who backed the game.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 08:00:45 PM »

But yeah, Armello probably attracted a good population of furs.. but if i were to guess, I'd say we were a small minority compared to everyone else who backed the game.

Armello seems to consist of Furries and Game Developers or artists :) But we have a law enforcement officer here!!

K Fox

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 08:15:07 PM »

Armello seems to consist of Furries and Game Developers or artists :) But we have a law enforcement officer here!!

Oh, if you're talking about RL professions, I'm an oddball. As I said before, I'm completely Furry (actually, the as far as the fandom is concerned, I'm apparently Therian, to my surprise), but I'm not an artist. I've been in the military, done security, delivered pizzas, and recently have been a welder. But I'm going back to driving trucks now, as it really was the best fit for my personality. I do love driving, and being well paid to do it is just the perfect job for me. So yeah, not all of us Furs are artists of some form, though at times it can seem like all furs are...

K Fox
This is my sig, there are many like it but this one is mine... :D

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 08:50:32 PM »

"Furry" isn't an occupation :P
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 11:10:27 PM »
I didnt mean to categorize furry as an occupation :) sorry for the offense I just ment to say all the types of people we have here :)

KageTempest

• Backer
  • Stormblade of the Obsidian Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 12:52:20 AM »
I have given into the notion that I am a furry a few years ago while I was still in College.

I was a fantasy nerd, a huge one when I was a kid growing up. It was one reason why I read so many books when I was in my tweens. But of course the reading part ended when the internet became popular and bore a lot of forbidden fruits...

I always liked anthropomorphic characters whether they were talking animals, were creatures, or anthropomorphic races mainly because they were different from the usual trifecta of Humans, Elves, Dwarves vs TEH WORLDZ OF 1337 3V1L. I was bored, I read a lot, and I needed something new. The Redwall Series, Draconians from Dragonlance, those non canon cat species found in that one Expanded Star Wars Universe book, those sorts of things captured my imagination for some strange reason. Characters that struggled to fit into the norms of "good society" when they were considered monsters also fascinated me. They were outcasts, they were different, just like how I felt growing up.

Dungeons and Dragons really really didn't help me either with this strange fascination. I got a hold of the 3.5 monster manual and discovered the cat folk race in one of the expansion books and pretty much weirded out some of my college fellow adventurer's whenever I roll played during a session instead of power gamed every encounter... yep...

As for being a furry online, I do go under other names for that sort of stuff, not going to share it publicly though, PM me if you are interested I guess. I am of course an on again off again writer.
The Storm IS my Sword, my Sword IS my Soul, my Soul IS The Storm.