Author Topic: v0.3.2 Engines of Fate Teasers (Updated 26th March PST)  (Read 7182 times)

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
v0.3.2 Engines of Fate Teasers (Updated 26th March PST)
« on: March 12, 2015, 05:13:23 PM »
Hey y'all,

The next update "Engines of Fate" has been announced, keep updated here: http://armello.com/#updates.

v0.3.2 is not yet live, we'll be sure to update you when it is!

These are the features that will be included in v0.3.2 (MORE TO COME)

Feature 1: Peril, Combat Peeking
Ever wondered what was going on during other players combats or perils? Or when someone attempts slaying the King thought "WHAT'S HAPPENING?" Well in v0.3.2 you will be able to peek into players combats and perils.

• In Multiplayer, you are now able to "peek" into a battle that another Hero is having, either with a second Hero, an AI Hero or a King's Guard. You can watch in real time as  they burn cards, roll dice and lay into each other!
  • You are also able to peek into another Hero's encounter with a Peril, and watch as they scrape past the Peril with no dice to spare, or fail it miserably.
  • In Singleplayer this feature is optional - turn off the new "Quick AI Encounters" toggle in the Options -> Gameplay to watch AI Heroes battle it out, face Perils, or even (for the first time ever!) peek into a battle between a Bane and a King's Guard.
  • Finally, when a Hero invades the Palace and enters battle with the King, all players will now be able to see that ultimate battle, and watch in real time as that Hero either takes the Crown or dies trying.
Feature 2: Sleight of Hand
Mwuahaha! Get ahead and fool your foes with 11 new Machiavellian cards and 7 new King's Declarations! This will mean that there is only one more Trickery card left to be implemented.

Some of these cards include the following:
  • Beheaded
  • Expendables
  • Welcoming Party
  • Coin Master
Any guesses on what they do?

Merchant's Agreement
Merchant’s Agreement (art by Jerome Jacinto aka sinto) will have you and a hero of your choosing earn a nice gold bonus per turn. If either of you die, the income will stop. These two new pals look pretty happy with their arrangement!

Welcoming Party
Welcoming Party (by Ty Carey) will help you protect a claimed Settlement from other heroes by sending them on their way.

Feature 3: Storytime
We've COMPLETELY overhauled the quest system!

Now, during your off turn you'll be able to choose your desired quest from three rumours of happenings around Armello. Quests now reward stat boosts for completing them, but you'll have to weigh up which stat gain you want against some epic loot because each quest also now gives you a chance at winning a Treasure, Follower or Spirit Stone!

When questing you'll have the option of going for the Treasure, Follower or Spirit Stone attached to that quest or you can simply take your stat boost and a prestige and walk. Additionally, some of your party members might have something to say in a quest. Or maybe a particular Treasure you've equipped will provide a solution too. Hmmm....

Then, on top of all this, the fifth and final quest will always be on a Palace Tile and when completed will clear that Palace Peril, giving you access to the King himself!

Annnnnnd... then we have the Storybook that will track your quests and write a fairy-tale style story of your journey in the world that will provide you with some entertainment during any down time you may encounter in the game.

Oh, and because we're crazy, Ty's gone and created beautiful animated illustrations for every tile in the game that display when you're completing your quest.

(The Druids may have received some art lovin' too.)

Whadd'ya think? Sound cool?! I know our testers are loving the new quest system. It sounds like good reports all round. :D

DISCUSS!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:34:20 AM by Lisy Kane »

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: v0.3.2 Announced - WHAT IS IT?!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 02:43:33 PM »
This is freaking awesome ! I remember suggesting this way back in Alpha :) Im so glad you guys could get it in :) It will only enhance the boardgames feel as you watch your friends last dice tumble across the screen knowing that the result will mean either their death or yours !

Love it :)

Can't wait to see what else is coming :)

However.... given that they are following along the theme of "Engines of Fate" my guess would be that it has to do with the backend mechanics i.e. engines that drive the game. So I reckon we will see some changes to the Quest Engine and maybe the Peril engine ??? Who knows ? Not me ! And anyone that does isn't telling :D

Alvorn

ROUBOS

• View Profile
Re: v0.3.2 Engines of Fate Announced - WHAT IS IT?!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 04:55:22 PM »
Nice addition and I cannot wait for the rest.
So what's next?
Maybe a choice of winning condition? (King does not die until someone kills him - for longer gameplay)
Ally up?
More terain types?
Cannot wait to see more characters either.

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 05:55:24 PM »
Some good guesses so far!

We'll be teasing out more details tomorrow!!

taka32

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 08:06:51 AM »
Maybe a choice of winning condition? (King does not die until someone kills him - for longer gameplay)

I would love if this could be an option! (if not for multi, maybe for singleplayer)

ROUBOS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 10:43:05 AM »

I would love if this could be an option! (if not for multi, maybe for singleplayer)

Yes that would be nice. Even all the different winning possibilities as an option.
The only way I've managed to win the game so far is by Prestige. Haven't played multiplayer yet.

But imagine having to win only by spirit points. That would force you to chase the other characters for their stone.
Might not be a good thing, but it might be worth testing out.

Anyway, just a thought.

Love the game and I cannot wait to see what's coming up.

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: v0.3.2 Engines of Fate Teasers (Updated 18th March PST)
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:29 PM »

Some of these cards include the following:
  • Executioner
  • Merchants Agreement
  • Expendables
  • Kidnap
  • Coin Master
Any guesses on what they do?

OK here goes:
  • Executioner
- Play to Hero to execute one of their followers.
  • Merchants Agreement
- Pay a lower cost for certain cards ? Or maybe gain gold for a turn or two from a settlement even after its been captured by someone else. Alternatively it could be a peril and if failed you have to pay gold cause you lost the agreement.
  • Expendables
- One off boost to your next fight as you get some "grunts" to fight for you. You don't actually see them, but it gives you a +2 to your fight stat.
  • Kidnap
- Player looses their follower. Or have to pay gold to keep them
  • Coin Master
- All players have to pay you 1 gold ?

How did I do ?

Alvorn

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »
I remember Executioner in the "Making of a card thread".  Followers are still rare enough that you can go the whole game with no one getting any.  I'd hate to draw that in the trickery deck with any regularity unless it could have a secondary play usage (like deal 1 damage if player has no followers)

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 01:44:56 PM »
How did I do ?

1/5

Also - I just updated the names, I made a mistake and had their old names in there :(

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
How did I do ?

1/5

Also - I just updated the names, I made a mistake and had their old names in there :(

Well 1 out of 5 aint bad for complete random guesses. But Im not going to go buying a lotto ticket cause of it :D

Larux

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 02:29:54 AM »
How did I do ?

1/5

Well 1 out of 5 aint bad for complete random guesses. But Im not going to go buying a lotto ticket cause of it :D

Well the one you got right isn't really a random guess now is it?  ;)

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 09:11:40 PM »
Sorry Belar... Zero points :(

I'll give you a clue guys and gals. One of these is actually a Follower!

Larux

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 09:19:44 PM »
Well we know that Beheaded (old name "Executioner") is the card that you use to get rid of followers.

Merchants agreement: Play to a hero. You and the selected hero gets X amount of gold?
Coin master has to be the follower: Doubles all gold income?
Expendables: If you were to die this turn, sacrifice a follower instead?
Welcoming party: Hmm... maybe played on a settlement as a peril. If you screw it up one of your followers gets so drunk in the party that you lose them?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:43:57 PM by Larux »

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 10:00:33 PM »
I'll give you a clue guys and gals. One of these is actually a Follower!

Ohh thats trick-some that is ! Didn't even think of Follower cards. But I'll go with Larux's suggestion with a slight twist. Coin Master will be the follower but they will increase all income from Settlements only. Probably double :) But won't double gold from other sources such as Dungeons or Mecurio's talent.

Alvorn

squareofanegativenumber

• View Profile
    • My channel
Re: v0.3.2 Engines of Fate Teasers (Updated 23rd March PST)
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »
This update looks really good. I especially like the quest update and how that is shaping up. The ability to buff stats is going to be very nice...

I'm just imaging being able to turn Thane into a Witty Peril Breaker or Sana into an attacking juggernaut.... The possibilities are endless!