Author Topic: "Holding" Multiple Victory Conditions and Spirit Stone Thoughts  (Read 989 times)

Nazraheim

• Backer
    • View Profile
The game that I just played was an interesting one where through plenty of combat with the other players, I held 6 Spirit Stones and due to working towards a Rot Victory, had 9 Rot and got into the castle. Was so happy to win by Rot when suddenly, to my dismay, the King gets 'purified'.  >:(

This isn't too big of a deal, but it got me thinking.

If we need to do certain things to unlock other options. (eg. Spoil - Complete a game with Rot Victory)
 - Would it be worth implementing a choice for progression purposes?
 - Would it be worth a pop-up box asking; "Do you wish to purify the king  or go into combat?"

Maybe there could be some cards which destroy spirit stones for different effects
 - Change a tile into a swamp?
 - Produce Rot?
 - Spawn a Bane at a location?

Just some thoughts. Any comments feel free :)

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: "Holding" Multiple Victory Conditions and Spirit Stone Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:03:06 PM »
Looking over some older threads I'm given the impression the devs are heavily working on some kind of synergy/conflict with rot/spirit stones that would complicate (and hopefully add strategy) to juggling victory.

I doubt they'll allow a choice since any player choosing combat would be opening up a chance at ruining their win, and come out frustrated with the game (even though it's their own fault).

NegativeZero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:07:15 PM »
I have had this occur to myself in a few single player games. It is challenging at times to achieving a specific victory condition at the moment. However, I think the Devs are aware of it already.

Everyone's attention is focused on the king and the center of the board despite the victory type.

What would be cool is if there where idols/temples/alters in the 4 sides of the map that the spirit stones should be placed into for victory.  (in between 2 players clan territories)
Each player would have to put 1 spirit stone in each alter (under their clan shrine/icon) to cleanse the castle.
Of course to get into the shrine, players would over come a castle type peril (but not as hard as the castle gates).

This would make it possible for 2 victory types to be achieved  without having to get into the castle, yet difficult.
As the player would have to visit each shine, gain 4 stones to place in the process, and survive across everyone's territory.

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:34 PM »
For this specific example a discussion happened a while ago because even lore-wise is weird a corrupted hero actually being able to carry spirit stones.

Still, this issue lands to some of the core decisions toward the game:

1- No additional UI
2- Everything must be automatic.

Yet they could simply use the quest UI for this selection. One option for Spirit Stones win and the other "Test Battle" against the King.
No longer around...