Author Topic: Awesomenauts  (Read 3133 times)

Lazy Bugger

• Backer
  • I am just lazy... Also my feet are pretty darn dry
    • View Profile
Awesomenauts
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »
This fun little moba game is (pun intended) Awesome. So, lets discuss it.

Personal favorite characters at the moment are skolldir with his manly belly full of lemonade and lonestar with his explosive cow. I am also growing interest to Sentry at the moment.

So, what are your personal favorite characters?  :D

SpitFire

• Backer
  • "Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle"
    • View Profile
Re: Awesomenauts
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 04:28:28 AM »
It's been a very long time since iv played this game but my favorite character was leon chameleon.

BukoNuTz

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 05:54:52 AM »
It's been a very long time since iv played this game but my favorite character was leon chameleon.

Ditto. I played this one the PS4. I use Ayla.  I haven't had the urge to come back and re play since I don't really have a decent team to play with.
Love & Peace!

JimMaru

• Backer
  • ANARCHY FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 07:01:39 AM »
I played this for a while over Steam. Haven't unlocked everything yet, but I really loved that monster thing that grew plants/minions. He was awesome and scaled really hard.

SpitFire

• Backer
  • "Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 07:10:24 AM »
I would love to get back into this game, but as Buko said you need a decent team.

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 03:03:48 PM »
I've played it a little. I want to try it with a controller because I do some stupid manoeuvres with my mouse aiming.

WizzyT

• Backer
  • QA Tester - 4JStudios
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 02:01:28 AM »
Vol'tar all the way :D

Ja Powers

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 03:02:57 PM »
I've played. Voltar and the moth shaman are fun support, and I've enjoyed Clunk and Lonestar for offense. Need to get into it again - see what the new characters are like.

Of course, the best part of the game is it's awesome cheesey 80's theme song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAD0aV8qU34
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:07:41 PM by Ja Powers »

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 05:03:43 PM »
I've played. Voltar and the moth shaman are fun support, and I've enjoyed Clunk and Lonestar for offense. Need to get into it again - see what the new characters are like.

Of course, the best part of the game is it's awesome cheesey 80's theme song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAD0aV8qU34

I recently played clunk! got absolutely owned by leon! his speed!! How do you counter that?

YouTube | Email

Ja Powers

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 02:18:45 AM »
Short answer? I try to out tank him with lifesteal biting and excessive life/damage reduction. Long answer is that you need to minimize the number of times he hits you and make him pay for every swipe, since Leon's range is his big disadvantage - be accurate on the move and force him to pick between pursuing you and surviving. If you are good at reading the enemy, pay particular attention to when a given Leon will attack, and how.  Prediction and movement are the only real safe guards most characters have for fighting his cloak, and Clunk is not all that swift, so you have to be on the ball to compensate. 

upgrades that are good against him include the Screamer Bite which slows him down, along with the any of the other bite upgrades (with the exception of the multi-hit bite), since they will let you stay alive longer, and the self-destruct slow field whose name escapes me right now, along with the incoming damage reducer while the destruct charges.  Pills and regen are always nice, of course. Missile Barrage (Clunk's last missile upgrade - let's him fire a missile swarm) is great for getting Leon to re-think attacking, since it complicates his cloaked approach and is rather damaging if more than one hits him, and Homing isn't a bad idea if your aim isn't brilliant (or the Leon player is particularly good at dodging), though I like some of the others better.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 06:53:25 AM »
Short answer? I try to out tank him with lifesteal biting and excessive life/damage reduction. Long answer is that you need to minimize the number of times he hits you and make him pay for every swipe, since Leon's range is his big disadvantage - be accurate on the move and force him to pick between pursuing you and surviving. If you are good at reading the enemy, pay particular attention to when a given Leon will attack, and how.  Prediction and movement are the only real safe guards most characters have for fighting his cloak, and Clunk is not all that swift, so you have to be on the ball to compensate. 

upgrades that are good against him include the Screamer Bite which slows him down, along with the any of the other bite upgrades (with the exception of the multi-hit bite), since they will let you stay alive longer, and the self-destruct slow field whose name escapes me right now, along with the incoming damage reducer while the destruct charges.  Pills and regen are always nice, of course. Missile Barrage (Clunk's last missile upgrade - let's him fire a missile swarm) is great for getting Leon to re-think attacking, since it complicates his cloaked approach and is rather damaging if more than one hits him, and Homing isn't a bad idea if your aim isn't brilliant (or the Leon player is particularly good at dodging), though I like some of the others better.

Wow thanks man a big thumbs up to this post!! Im foing to look into some of this, I did really focus on my bite so I could heal of other champions while fighting him and the multi goes a long way in healing but I never thought to get the missile swarm!! Thanks again mate

YouTube | Email

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »

WOW! Thanks for the info :3
I am still new to the game :P
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

Ja Powers

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »
No problem. Glad I could help a little. I'm no master, but I'll do my best to help if you want.

MrWizard

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »
I have it on my computer and still play it occasionally, though I've only ever played bot matches. Unfortunately, my copy is stand-alone, instead of a Steam copy (and at this point I don't know how to activate my copy on steam, if it can even be done). My favorite character is a tossup between Skolldir and Raelynn.

WizzyT

• Backer
  • QA Tester - 4JStudios
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 07:09:55 PM »
Started playing a bit more Yuri - unfortunately the lack of Balance in the game is very off putting and for a lot of champions counter play just doesn't exist.

Also the matchmaking is awful.