Author Topic: 0.3.1 announcements  (Read 2094 times)

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
0.3.1 announcements
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:15:00 AM »
It feels like it's been a long time since last release.  While it's nice to know we'll be getting a new announcement of patch details tomorrow, it doesn't feel nearly as informative as how it used to be. 

Our last announcement was just "new cards are coming out"... which is something that one hopes for in every patch until the deck is complete.   Sure it hinted more Rot cards would be in there, but LoG has said they'd be making more Rot cards for a long time. 

I'm hoping we get some meaty details to actually be worth talking about before they are playable.   These forums are getting too quiet.

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.1 announcements
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »
I found last update a fair one. IMO the mechanics change from being able to play cards on NPCs actually was the main dish in it, not the new cards.

About forums being quiet, it's expected. The main public here already is saturated (mainly backers so no extra revenue coming from here any time soon) while Steam is offering plenty of potential customers. From business standpoint it's expected they moving the focus to where the money is. They moved from KS to here then now moving from here to Steam and, once we're closer to full release (so non-Steam platforms will be covered) they may move from Steam to armello.com.

And it can't be helped...people follow the devs...they're talking more at Steam so even users from here now are occasionally using Steam forums instead of here. Over time this forum may potentially grow dead slow most of time, only having peaks of activity after announcements.
No longer around...

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »
It's unfortunate. I find the steam forums a bit of a pain to use.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:09:53 AM »
Well, this forum is still more lively than the steam ones.  People who pay attention to Early Access have all see the game by this point and many have migrated from Steam to here, like Hobbes. 

Lienn, when you said in the sticky that Hare's Halberd could only be stolen from guards were you speaking with knowledge or was that facetious.  I kept waiting for someone to clarify.

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »
It feels like it's been a long time since last release.  While it's nice to know we'll be getting a new announcement of patch details tomorrow, it doesn't feel nearly as informative as how it used to be. 

Hi Kletian999,

We have increased our build cycle to monthly builds for Early Access just because we're wanting to complete bigger tasks now than ever before with the same sized team. For the sanity of our team and the quality of work we want to achieve we've chosen to go with monthly updates.

That's why we've decided to tease out the next release with these little teasing updates.

What do you mean by not being as informative? In the past we never used to do these updates because our build cycle was a lot tighter. As we always have done we'll be doing full build notes when 0.3.1 hits.

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
Well, this forum is still more lively than the steam ones.  People who pay attention to Early Access have all see the game by this point and many have migrated from Steam to here, like Hobbes. 

Lienn, when you said in the sticky that Hare's Halberd could only be stolen from guards were you speaking with knowledge or was that facetious.  I kept waiting for someone to clarify.

Everything i said there was pure speculation and 100% for fun.

The few ones that Lisy said were right prolly are the ones expected for every update like new cards and card balancing...and the already unofficially announced AI takeover (that actually may be in one of the 2 remaining feature announcements so it becomes official).
No longer around...

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
Aaaand you ask and you shall receive - I've pushed out the next 0.3.1 announce a little bit early --> here

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »
Aaaand you ask and you shall receive - I've pushed out the next 0.3.1 announce a little bit early --> here

Very interesting one! ^^ Now i wanna see what lies behind this! ^^
No longer around...

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 10:59:59 AM »
Thanks Lisy for the early teaser!  I could have sworn we had early "patch notes" for previous builds, like the planned changes to Rot back before corruption was a thing, or more teasers of future cards.  Maybe I was just seeing the official notes and not realizing they were already live.

So what i gather from the new post is that getting the castle walls down early is now only going to punish the wallbreaker instead of sowing chaos into the kingdom with the guards fighting all heroes?  If so that saddens me- will make it harder to achieve non-prestige victories and harder to lower the prestige of the prestige leader who's well equipped for battle.  I guess there's hope that other features are going to counterbalance this change?

PS.  Can we expect any changes related to questing in this or the next update?

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »
I'm going to lock this thread and move the conversation to the original 0.3.1 thread here, seems we have duplicate conversations now.

All previous Build Notes we've posted were AFTER the build went in, never before (we're usually updating Build Notes right down to the wire!)