Author Topic: Items, Spells, or Trickery?  (Read 2345 times)

Valar Morghulis

• Backer
  • When you play the game of thrones, Jon wins.
    • View Profile
Items, Spells, or Trickery?
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:45:35 PM »
When you draw cards, what deck will you draw from most often? Items, Spells, or Trickery?

I love the idea of trickery cards that I can play across the board, leave ambushes for people to stumble into.

Linden

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Lindsey Lorraine, Voice Actor
Re: Items, Spells, or Trickery?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »
I will most definitely be hitting Trickery and, to a lesser extent, Items.  I'm all about the backroads, sneaky way of getting to the top, and utilizing magic has never been a play style I've excelled at. However, it will certainly depend on the Hero I'm feeling like playing. Maybe Sana will really blow my mind once the spell deck is filled out, who knows. :)

JimMaru

• Backer
  • ANARCHY FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 10:52:16 PM »
Most likely Items. I think I'll just go for Spells/Trickery if I'm playing Sana/Mercurio.
Otherwise I just like the idea of equipping stuff on my character way too much to get spells and things like this.

Though I'll probably try to spam each card type until I got to know most of them by memory lol

Shrink

• Backer
  • Twos work... Ones fly
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
I feel like for the most part, we'll end up in games where we're just pushing one of the three draw types to the limits, but I'm sure there will be an endless number of trickery/item/spell combinations.

As for myself, I'll prolly be runnin' trickery cards constantly; traps are fun.

Thul

• Backer
  • Team Fur!
    • View Profile
    • Fur vs Scale
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 11:46:12 PM »
From watching the demo videos, it seems like Items are a must. The current build is so combat heavy that you need the weapons and armor to survive. Hoping to see more diversity/options in the win conditions, so combat is an option and not a necessity, because I'd love to dive into Trickery and see Spells become more useful! :)
Backer: Armellian Tier, Favorite Hero: Brun
Twitter: @MarcAranha

donleong94

• Backer
  • Be the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »
I will draw the cards depends on the gameplay.
But mostly will get the Item card first XD
===Feel free to add me===

[Do the best or else you will regret for doing nothing]

Dev

• Backer
  • The Alpha and Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 01:45:06 AM »
With my bad luck on games I think I will hit Items/Spell cards really often trying to recover from attacks, well it's all depends on how the game develops ...but yeah.... >_<

SmoggyBelle

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 02:41:13 AM »
Definitely Trickery >:D I'm more of a sneaky-way person when I game xD

Xaroka

• Backer
  • There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »
The cunning one knows the limits of trickery and should never be afraid of making a statement, with a well-placed lightning bolt to the face. He also never leaves his nest without the tools of his trade.

Basically... all three are definitely needed for a successful game tactic. Just using trickery would leave you vulnerable in close combat, and you might need a wee bit of magic to tell your opponent to back off. That said if you run out of cards or the other players gang on you, decent equipment is required as they provide passive bonuses.

So I will be drawing from all three and burning cards in combat to get rid of the ones I don't need. Then I can draw new in the next round.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »
The cunning one knows the limits of trickery and should never be afraid of making a statement, with a well-placed lightning bolt to the face. He also never leaves his nest without the tools of his trade.

Basically... all three are definitely needed for a successful game tactic. Just using trickery would leave you vulnerable in close combat, and you might need a wee bit of magic to tell your opponent to back off. That said if you run out of cards or the other players gang on you, decent equipment is required as they provide passive bonuses.

So I will be drawing from all three and burning cards in combat to get rid of the ones I don't need. Then I can draw new in the next round.

I like your playstyle, while im definitely drawn to being sneaky aka trickery, Im going to hit the items first and then probably trickery because i wont need combat for at least 2rounds, so i can get a headstart as Mercurio