Author Topic: PS4- All pictures turn into Helm of Heroes then game crashes.  (Read 135 times)

KSin22

• View Profile
This has happened twice now in game (multiplayer) and once while viewing the gallery.  Upon turn, all drawn cards have the Helm of Heroes picture, then on next draw phase game crashes.  Has only happened since the new PS4 update.

BrickHouse0

• View Profile
Re: PS4- All pictures turn into Helm of Heroes then game crashes.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »
Hello League of Geeks,
Unfortunately, this problem is running rampant on PS4 now. My community is reporting this problem on an alarming amount of games, and when checking the forums there have been several topics full of people complaining about the same. I decided to check myself, and played 2 private games with my friend. Both games I was host, and BOTH games the Helm of Heroes began appearing as every equipped items picture that someone had on, then went to a blue error screen crash. I will try to take a screenshot, however this is a hard thing to capture as it usually crashes very quickly after noticing it. I have played many single player games and none have done this.

BrickHouse0
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:25:25 PM by BrickHouse0 »

BrickHouse0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 05:56:59 AM »
I have been testing out this bug the last week or so, and I believe it is something having to do with the PS4 and not the game itself. Some people experience this almost every single game (Like me), while others don't EVER really experience it (My friend, League of Geeks themselves). LoG also told me that this was NOT happening on PC or Xbox One.

This lead me first to believe that maybe my game was corrupt, or possibly one of the DLC's (I have Rivals, Bandits, Usurpers, and Seasons). I re-installed all of them with no luck at all. We then thought it was because I always hosted, but when my friend hosted the next game, the exact same thing happened to me (he NEVER saw HoH bug).

So after that I was SURE it had something to do with how the PS4 was interacting with Armello for CERTAIN people. That lead me to look at EVERYTHING that was different from my friends and wife's PS4 (she encountered the HoH bug 1 of 4 games, those odds I could live with). So these were the differences I could tell:

1. I bought all the DLC chars, they did not buy any of them.
2. I have seasons DLC (although I stopped using it after these bugs and still crashed).
3. I have a PS4 Pro, they both have a regular PS4
4. My PS4 always did a weird thing of not loading the PS Store, friends list, etc after using it for a short time. This seemed unique only to me, and I have A LOT of friends with PS4's.

So right now I am attempting to solve these differences and find out if any of that stabalizes the game for me. The first and second one is simple enough to solve. I will uninstall all the DLC and bring them back 1 by 1 to see if it is an issue with one of them. The third is trickier, but I am going to attempt to play a game on my Wife's PS4, but on MY profile. The 4th I am working on as we speak. From what I have read, I need to Rebuild Database, Delete Profile, and Initialize PS4 to attempt to solve this issue. I backed up my files and am doing all 3 right now.

I will update as I learn more.  :'( 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:59:48 AM by BrickHouse0 »

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »
Hi folks,

As I've mentioned to some of the other PS4 community, we released a patch a few weeks ago that gave us extra logging and we're investigating it.

Thank you for all your patience - we believe it's due to PS4 not being able to handle some graphics, but it's super strange it's only occuring in this latest build and not earlier builds!

<3

Lisy

BrickHouse0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 08:33:33 AM »
Hey Lisy,
Yes it is definitely super strange. If you read my posts so far on this matter, it also seems very strange that some don't experience the problem at all.

I can tell you that I play with 5 different friends almost on a daily basis, and 1 other than myself has experienced this issue. I have experienced it every game I have played besides 2 (8 games straight now).

Here are some of my findings from tests I did from my previous post:
1. I have not tried uninstalling the character DLC's yet.
2. I tried playing 1 round with Seasons uninstalled and it still crashed on me with HoH bug.
3. I have not tried playing on a regular PS4 yet instead of a PS4 Pro, but I will do so tonight.
4. I rebuilt my database, deleted my profile, and initialized the PS4, all with no success.

It seems if graphics were a PS4 issue it would effect all and not some, but I could be very wrong about that. Anyway I hope this info helps and I will keep posting my findings for you guys.

BrickHouse0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 08:28:51 AM »
UPDATE (07/18/2018):
In previous posts I said I would try many different things to help understand this HoH bug, and if it can be prevented. Here are my findings below:

1. I have tried uninstalling ALL character DLC's and playing a round. The HoH bug still hit and blue screen'd my game.
2. I tried playing 1 round with Seasons uninstalled and it still crashed on me with HoH bug.
3. I have played 1 round on a regular PS4 instead of my PS4 Pro, and used my same profile. This was the most interesting of the results. The game did get the HoH bug when the King had 2 hearts left, but instead of immediately crashing seconds after, like it did previously on the PS4 Pro, the game stayed up for about 10 more minutes before actually crashing. While this isn't a success, it does seem to be a clue. Why it would crash EVERY single game I play as soon as HoH hits on PS4 Pro, but does not immediately crash on a regular PS4 is a mystery, but probably related to graphics as LoG have stated to me.
4. I rebuilt my database, deleted my profile, and initialized the PS4, all with no success.

In conclusion, this is not an easily fixable problem. LoG said this is ONLY on PS4 and probably related to too many graphics. I can add to that information that it is ALSO profile related specifically, as literally 8 of my friends NEVER crash once, nor do they even experience the bug.

As far as LoG, Lisy, Darcy, and the rest, this deeply concerns me. The reasons are we simply have no power to fix this ourselves, and therefore are relying on you guys to fix this issue ASAP to even make the game playable again. The conern there is how long these have taken in the past, the size of the current LoG team, and launching on so many different systems at once. It begins to feel, atleast to me, like it is 1 man searching an entire library for the answer.

I understand the strains and pressures of maintaining a game, especially as an independant company, and I commend you guys for staying on top of it as much as you can. This isn't just a simple update however, it is absolutely a game breaking bug. To think we will have to wait months for a fix (according to your past release schedules) is frustrating, and yes aggravating for a super fan of your game, who has built an entire community around it, to not be able to actually play it.

My personal suggestion is to roll back the update. If you guys have a fix already in the works than that's great, but this seems like an issue you guys will have to look into major areas of coding for, and with how incredibly swamped LoG is, that is simply going to take time. If I am correct in that assessment, please do not make us wait months for that solution. If extra ravens, rot vines, and effects just keep crashing games, I think we can live without them for now.

UPDATE #2 (07/19/2018):
So the morning after posting this I got a response from Darcy. They have pinpointed and tracked down the issue with the HoH bug, and a patch is being finalized for submission as we speak.

Obviously they would like this patch out ASAP to make the game operational again for everyone, but this is where it is unfortunately out of LoG's hands. We all want a SPECIFIC date when the patch drops, and I understand that, but once it is submitted by LoG it is all up to Sony. Sony could approve it, deny it, find bugs with it, and a hundred other issues. It is one of the most frustrating aspects of developing on consoles, and I'm sure LoG would agree. The good news is they found the issue, and it will be fixed soon!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:55:55 AM by BrickHouse0 »

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 12:26:46 PM »
I believe a patch with a fix should be live.

We've not had this bug in-house nor could we get it again after the speculative fix, so keep us posted if you see if occur again!

<3

Lisy

BrickHouse0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 12:21:15 AM »
Lisy, you and the LoG team are simply the best. I've played games for 20+ years now, and I am just such a fan of you guys!

I have informed the Armello of Thrones community about the fix, and they are racing to claim the throne again as we speak! We will keep you posted if we find anymore bugs pop up.

Please feel free to join the Armello of Thrones community and play with us sometime, you would be welcome with open arms!

Thanks again for such a quick fix, Griotte here I come!
BrickHouse0