Author Topic: Wildstar  (Read 3615 times)

WizzyT

• Backer
  • QA Tester - 4JStudios
    • View Profile
Wildstar
« on: May 22, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
So are any of my fellow Armello fans intending on playing (Or have played the beta)?.

I managed to successfully miss out on every single beta weekend but I'm looking forward to the Launch next week.

Seonnyn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Wildstar
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »
Played every Beta-Weekend and will also start playing next week on headstart. Quite excited about it  ;D

WizzyT

• Backer
  • QA Tester - 4JStudios
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
I've also picked it up for the headstart but everything will be brand new for me :).

NCSoft haven't impressed me in the past I must admit.

Thaysula

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 10:38:25 PM »
I've also picked it up for the headstart but everything will be brand new for me :).

By the looks it's Carbine doing most of the legwork, NCSoft is just providing the infrastructure, authentication etc.
I played a bit in beta, it's not bad. I tried not to play too much, didn't want to burn out before it went live ^_^
I did like the Ratchet & Clank feel to the game's look & humour.

Unfortunateobserver

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 10:45:14 PM »
I'll admit the game isn't much for the first 20 levels or so.
The lack of an over arcing story (at least until level 35 from what I understand), and a reliance on grinding quests makes the first few hours a chore that will bore you out of your mind.
BUT once you gain access to your first adventure (around Level 20) Wildstar starts to take off.
The housing system seems really fun and in depth, the pvp is solid, and the dungeons/adventures are fantastic.
I'm so looking forward to that head start.

BloodyTrollop

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 11:55:34 PM »
It looks like a good game. I'm at least going to try it.

WizzyT

• Backer
  • QA Tester - 4JStudios
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 12:04:13 AM »

By the looks it's Carbine doing most of the legwork, NCSoft is just providing the infrastructure, authentication etc.
I played a bit in beta, it's not bad. I tried not to play too much, didn't want to burn out before it went live ^_^
I did like the Ratchet & Clank feel to the game's look & humour.

That's pretty much the only reason I'm giving it a chance.

Justin Whitfort

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 01:08:08 AM »
I gave it a bit of a try, but the extreme bugginess on my graphics card (7970M, for those playing along at home) has put me off. Don't really have the time for an MMO these days anyway.
Looking forwards to potentially picking it up in a years time if it's still going strong though!

C H P

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 01:38:12 AM »
While somewhat skeptical of its long term success i was going to play it with some friends

PvP felt abit of a colorful mess in the beta but its nothing some patching wont fix

VTDisease

• Backer
  • I most likely have no idea what I'm doing
    • View Profile
    • Wysp Account
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 01:46:54 AM »
While I was very impressed with the fact they added adjustments for people who were colorblind, the dimorphism between races were...questionable and made me a tad uncomfortable. I think I'll stick with Guild Wars 2.
It appears to be colorful game, though.

Kinan Eldari

• Backer
  • "the Solar Force"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 04:44:56 AM »
On my list of games I want to get into. The downside is that the people who I am going to play with want to go to a PvE server...  :-\  I remember those back in WoW, and they weren't very fun. The main focus was all the stuff I wasn't too big on, like raids. At least Wildstar wants to make those interesting, which is a plus.

But yeah, we'll see. Game's got a lot of potential in my opinion, and a lot of things that already tick the right boxes.

JimMaru

• Backer
  • ANARCHY FOREVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 06:11:53 PM »
Decided to give in to it and got the game. Going to see if it's worth the subscription.
From what I saw on the betas the game is nice but there is just too much text that you really don't want to read most of the time. Basically the game gets boring if you want to know what's going on around you.
I think I like Guild Wars 2 more. I thought I could dwell more in the story.
Though I'll wait till I reach higher levels.

Anyone playing Dominion? What Realm?

velvetblues

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 10:45:17 PM »
Yeah, I tried out all the betas, but it just wasn't doing it for me.  I think it's an important game in the realm of MMOs, and there are definitely some very interesting and innovative mechanics, but having played almost every major MMO since WoW (and some very NOT major ones) it really didn't quite convince me.  I'm sure the later game content is much better, but as some one else said, I don't have a ton of time to devote to an MMO anymore, and if I do, I definitely want to be doing so with my friends.  That said, I might later down the line try it out for a month or two, see how it works for me then.

Kinan Eldari

• Backer
  • "the Solar Force"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 01:54:07 AM »
Anyone playing Dominion? What Realm?

Sorry Jimbo. I'm going Exile when I get it.

WizzyT

• Backer
  • QA Tester - 4JStudios
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »
So the headstart is kicked off and I've played a lot more content that I did in the betas (Only bothered getting to 7)

Up to 13 now and I'm loving it.