Author Topic: Armello Development Update #2  (Read 4086 times)

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
Armello Development Update #2
« on: January 15, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
It has been too long between updates, but we promise that we’ve been busy, busy, busy! To celebrate the announcement of Armello coming to Early Access in a few weeks we thought we'd throw together a quick little hit list of some of the cool stuff we've been up to.

So sit back and relax as we try and fill you in on all that’s been happening here at League of Geeks HQ since we last saw you!

Card Preview
Feral
Artist - Melissa King
Animator - Teuvo Heikkila

Spells now have some hack and slash! Pack some punch at the cost of only one Magic with Feral. Pwoar!

Lightning Strike
Artist - Melissa King
Artist - Teuvo Heikkila

Finally, Magic that gives more ZING! Ruin someone's day and further your path to victory with this powerful card.

Hero Preview
Artist - Adam Duncan

Now remember during the Kickstarter how we said that the Wolf Ranger's design wasn't final. Well, we're getting very close now. She's not one to be messed with, with her stealthy prowess and fine archery skills.

Check out these amazing pencils from key artist, Adam Duncan.

Looking for even more juicy teasers of the artist persuasion? Well if you're a backer, jump into the Backer-Only forums as we have some more work in progress shots for you here: The Making of a Card: Executioner.

New Faces
Since our last update we’ve had some new folk join the LoG studio including, Lisy Kane! She joined the ranks of the Geeks as the Community Manager and Associate Producer. You've probably already seen her on the Forums and Steam group, so this may not be news to you!

The Feedback Process
One of the questions we’ve been asked a lot is how we've gone through feedback during our Alpha and Beta stages of production.

Well, let me take you on a journey! This has been a huge focus of ours to make sure that we sift through all the gems you guys and gals are giving us in the forums, social media and Kickstarter. So let's take some time to reflect on our suggestions, here are some our favourite pieces of feedback we’ve received in recent months:.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
The Good
Pretty much all of the card suggestions we’ve received, we’ve tried to respond to as many of the suggestions as we can. My personal fave’s were the suggestions that incorporated Rot Corruption before Rot Corruption was even released. How did you know?!

The Bad
There have been some pieces of feedback that really made us think! One particularly bad moment was some feedback Trent saw - a player didn’t know when their hero had died. You may scoff, but it was a huge point where we realised we were so close to the project that this hadn’t dawned on us... we need to communicate when you die!

The Ugly
Then there have been some true gems in our Bug Sender from players that have made us chuckle with their crazy pieces of feedback.. here’s just a few:
  • “The music in night time is all f*** up.”
  • “S**'s broke yo”
  • “me goes to a point and won't move to the next turn. it gets stuck.”

PAX Aus
The League of Geeks crew headed back to PAX Australia to show off the huge facelift Armello has had since last year. Heaps of backers, fans and brand new Armellian’s flooded the booth and gave the game a whirl.
We truly love meeting you all and had a great time battling with bugs that we seriously had never seen - Murphy’s Law right?
But as always, it was a great three days of sore feet, broken voices but smiles all round as we showed Armello off to as many peeps as possible!

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Armello Development Update #2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:07:49 PM »
It was a nbice update! And those cards... @_@ *drools*
No longer around...

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:39:01 PM »
I want to add some questions here. May i ask Feral's rarity? The extra cheap cost makes it feel a bit OP so i grew curious about how often it may pop.

Also, can i Lightning Strike while the dude is drawing cards? It would be a hell of a foul play. =P
No longer around...

Blake Mizzi

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »
Hey Lienn,

Ah you're evil! Re: Lightning Strike can't be played on an Active player's turn just like any other Spell or Trickery Card, sooo... you can play it on a Hero in their off-turn and deal them -3 Health with no defene OR play it as a Peril to the map and if they walk into it and fail the Peril (which it is pretty tough!) they'll take -3 Health and it will end their turn!

Re: Rarity of cards ultimately by the end of the game (this isn't confirmed at all) it will like be about 1 of each card type in the decks. We have multiple now so there are enough cards to play a game. Some cards will naturally deserve a few multiples like some potions, or some buff's like Mirror Image or Feral. Feral might seem OP but the -1 Wits hurts the player's next Card Draw.

Card rarity is going to have to be something we balance out and see what "Feels" good.

:)

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 09:18:24 PM »
Thanks for the replies, Blake! ^^

I asked about Feral rarity because it feels like a more powerful yet cheaper version of Blazeberry Ale since it costs magic.

Another question...will card kill start rewarding prestige now that we getting stronger damage-dealing cards or still have prestige tied to clan rings only?

And if we can't use cards on active character i wonder if multiplayer latency will let me have others "trip" on lightning strike instead (placing on adjacent tile of active player instead after a quick prediction). But TBH i confess when i first read it (still back when i was reading the KS update) i actually thought it would end the turn of the user, not the target (Misreading FTL). Could have some cards like this...consuming AP to enhance damage, like one that have as effect "ends turn and deals -2 Health to target plus -1 Health per lost AP by this effect"...a way to take full HP ppl down

And another card idea i thought would be cool is some REAL peril traps. Like a Peril difficulty 6~7 that instead of additional effect it just deals damage based on number of failed peril symbol (like "Causes -1 Health per failed symbol on Peril"), like a good ol' Quicksand/Tar Pit-themed spell card...Perils meant to fail since their effect is tied to "how bad the failure was".

Already got some cards baking here. Later on may toss them at proper topic. =P
No longer around...