Author Topic: ~ Official Armello Wiki ~  (Read 32644 times)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Official Armello Wiki ~
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »
9 New GIFs uploaded and updated to their respective pages!

Thanks RedRaccoon ! Your a legend :)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 02:01:53 PM »
So looks like Ty and the guys at LoG are implementing some "visual" changes to the wiki :)
Can't wait to see what it looks like when they are done.

I have added a list of cards that need to be created from scratch. Ive crated them a place holder page  but there are no details on there at all.

You can find the list on the Discussion page of the Card Category page i.e. same place as the other lists.

Alvorn
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:10:28 PM by Alvorn »

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 02:09:54 PM »
So looks like Ty and the guys at LoG are implementing some "visual" changes to the wiki :)
Can't wait to see what it looks like when they are done.

I have added a list of cards that need to be created from scratch i.e. they don't even have a place holder page at the moment. You can find it on the Discussion page of the Card Category page i.e. same place as the other lists.

Alvorn
Whoa! Sure enough, they are! Wonder what it'll look like (or how funny this will be if it's happening by accident!)

Alright! Got plenty of time this evening, so I'll see what I can do on my end.
~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »
I did what I could to the placeholder pages that I have, if someone could review them/fluff the strategy portions, it would be much appreciated!  ;D

I've also begun categorizing cards based on the deck from which they come for easier narrowing of search, with the categories being tied back to the main Cards category.
~ 火狐-Red ~

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 04:22:15 PM »
Hey TheRedRaccoon,

Great work. I noticed you have created a new Sub-Category for Trickery cards. Can you explain a bit further how you see that working ? Also do you see that as a replacement for the "list of Cards..." page such as this one http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=List_of_Trickery_Cards

Thanks
Alvorn

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »
Hey TheRedRaccoon,

Great work. I noticed you have created a new Sub-Category for Trickery cards. Can you explain a bit further how you see that working ? Also do you see that as a replacement for the "list of Cards..." page such as this one http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=List_of_Trickery_Cards

Thanks
Alvorn
So, after I made that Sub-Category, I noticed those pages in the middle of the Cards page there for Trickery, Magic, Item, Treasure, Etc., so I was actually just about to ask you the same question.  ;D

Personally, I think it will be easier to maintain, and a lot more organized to use the Sub-Cat, but if you want to stick with those pages since they're already set up, I'd be more than willing to keep rolling with that, too. Another thing, too, and this may be some OCD talking here, but I find it odd to have those pages floating in the middle of a page full of just the individual cards, and it looks neater to have those (which are essentially Sub-Cats without using the Category function) out of the individual card pool. The only downside is having to add the [[Category: (Whatever)]] tag to all the cards.

Your call, I'm game for either.  ;)

PS - If I'm ever doing things beyond my bounds, just let me know.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:55:49 PM by TheRedRaccoon »
~ 火狐-Red ~

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 11:59:13 PM »

Dont for a minute think that, Alvorn, Leftcross and myself are only admins because we were working on it first.  This was our baby and now it is yours. You can only overstep your bounds if your rude or stray from a plan already determined by someone else!

Thanks a bunch for your contributions!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:16:27 PM by 8BitProxy »

YouTube | Email

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2015, 08:50:55 AM »
So, after I made that Sub-Category, I noticed those pages in the middle of the Cards page there for Trickery, Magic, Item, Treasure, Etc., so I was actually just about to ask you the same question.  ;D

Personally, I think it will be easier to maintain, and a lot more organized to use the Sub-Cat, but if you want to stick with those pages since they're already set up, I'd be more than willing to keep rolling with that, too. Another thing, too, and this may be some OCD talking here, but I find it odd to have those pages floating in the middle of a page full of just the individual cards, and it looks neater to have those (which are essentially Sub-Cats without using the Category function) out of the individual card pool. The only downside is having to add the [[Category: (Whatever)]] tag to all the cards.

Your call, I'm game for either.  ;)

Im thinking Sub Categories as they will be automatically "maintained" so to speak (i.e. you tag a page an it gets added auto-matically and is also in alphabetical order automatically). I reckon its a great idea. You there's a little bit of work to re-tag all the pages, but who's afraid of a little hard work :)

If your able to set up sub-categories for the other card types, I'd be happy to start going through each of the cards and updating their category tag at the bottom :)

One question I do have, is will the card still been seen at the Category level or will then only now appear on the sub-category page. Im guessing the later.

What 8BitProxy said :) Its a community wiki, not just 8BitProxy,Leftcrosses and mine. So if you have awesome ideas, go ahead !
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:53:03 AM by Alvorn »

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2015, 11:25:23 AM »
They should stay on both the Category and subcategories pages.
~ 火狐-Red ~

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »
So...I've come across an interesting situation whilst editing the Wiki, and I'm not sure if there is a solution or what, but I've received this message about 3 times in the past:

Not entirely sure why my IP (which, this is not my IP) is being used by someone else, but just thought I'd make y'all aware.

Can't work on the Wiki tonight it would seem.  :'(
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:17:58 PM by TheRedRaccoon »
~ 火狐-Red ~

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
Hey RedRacoon,

I've unblocked that IP. I'd say ata guess that the IP represented a Internet Service Provider (ISP) and not nessicarily a indviduals specific IP.

Anyways please try again and let us know if it happens again.

Thanks
Alvorn

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »
Hey RedRacoon,

I've unblocked that IP. I'd say ata guess that the IP represented a Internet Service Provider (ISP) and not nessicarily a indviduals specific IP.

Anyways please try again and let us know if it happens again.

Thanks
Alvorn
That did it, thanks Alvorn!  ;D

Traced the IP; turns out it's a reverse proxy service in California, I must be getting my connection routed through there or something.

EDIT: All card pages are now linked to their respective sub-cats! (With the exception of the Wandering Circus placeholder, because I don't which it belongs to.) And the "List of..." pages have been cleared and unlinked so that they can be deleted.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:26:21 PM by TheRedRaccoon »
~ 火狐-Red ~

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2015, 05:00:08 PM »
You sir are a Champion ! Thanks for all the hard work :)

Alvorn

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 06:43:59 AM »
Cleared 2 more pages of spam for deletion. ;)
~ 火狐-Red ~

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 10:57:55 AM »
Cleared 2 more pages of spam for deletion. ;)

Thanks Red - I've blocked those bots as well.
I've installed Captcha a few weeks back for user creation which definitely helped our Spam - but if anyone has any other tips for reducing Spam I'm all ears :)