Author Topic: ~ Official Armello Wiki ~  (Read 32661 times)

Firemane.9465

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Armello Wiki Userpage
Re: ~ Official Armello Wiki ~
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2016, 01:27:16 AM »
As I expected  :P.

Thank you for the reply though! <3

mzbatman

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2016, 03:20:18 AM »
Hi there!

I've done a few card updates recently, mostly cards updated stats. This is my first time editing a wiki and I think its going ok. :)
I've grabbed and uploaded a handful of gifs from the @armellogame twitter, so those are nice. (Poison Taster, Palisade Walls, Oak Spear, Saboteur, Poisoned Dagger...)
I only have the game on PS4 and I captured and made a gif of Chainmail, but its smaller than the 'official' gifs from LoG.

Can someone tell me if its worth me capturing more of these from my PS4 or just hold off for now?
Also, re: Chainmail...I didnt notice that there was another 'Chain mail' entry, so now there is two. Maybe a mod can delete one of them? sorry

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2016, 02:26:36 AM »
Apologies for the nearly month-long wait, the duplicate page has been removed.
~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2016, 10:15:14 PM »
Soon..... still not dead but no time to play games anymore :(

However I did jump over onto the wiki and noticed Firemane.9465 has been hard at work giving the place a spring clean over the last couple of months. A big thanks to you Firemane.9465. I also notice a couple of "Admin please" requests so I cleaned those up while I was there.
I then came back today (2 days later) and WOW!! Wataniyob,l Kai LeviathanYT  and Flitz  have been super hard at work (Wataniyob ) in particular with almost EVERY card recaptured as an animated GIF and uploaded and the text on the pages cleaned up to !!! Nice work guys !!!

Im not sure if this was a co-orindated effort or if they were just sick of looking at old versions, but what ever the reason THANKS HEAPS !!

Alvorn

G0vnah

• View Profile
    • IZ:TDM!
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »
Heyo. Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but I'm afraid to start a new thread, and it looks like an appropriate place to pose the question;

Where is all the Armello Lore coming from besides the game? I've been meaning to ask for a while now, mostly because of fanfic writing and not wanting to royally screw up the canon  of things. What sources do you guys pull from for "canon" things, such as hero character personalities and the like?

I understand that some of that detail can come from the blurbs in game, but I've encountered a few bits of info labeled as "canonical " that I've not encountered in-game.

Granted, I'm NOT saying the Wiki is unreliable! I'm just curious about the sources so I can do my homework and not write an absolutely n00bish fanfic. 'Twould be embarrassing. I suppose I could always just do my best and change things as people point them out, but Id rather avoid the trouble altogether by using these forums, the wiki, and whatever magical artifact you're using to get such knowledge.

Douzeju

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2017, 01:48:30 PM »
Where is all the Armello Lore coming from besides the game? I've been meaning to ask for a while now, mostly because of fanfic writing and not wanting to royally screw up the canon  of things. What sources do you guys pull from for "canon" things, such as hero character personalities and the like?

Various places, really. Some of them come from the prototype for the audio-book that was made available during the Kickstarter. Some of it comes from all the little details in the card text, quest logs and so on. Some of it also comes from the devs themselves answering questions on Twitch.
We should put all that lore we found was canon somewhere.  ???

G0vnah

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2017, 12:02:05 AM »
Various places, really. Some of them come from the prototype for the audio-book that was made available during the Kickstarter. Some of it comes from all the little details in the card text, quest logs and so on. Some of it also comes from the devs themselves answering questions on Twitch.
We should put all that lore we found was canon somewhere.  ???
Yeah! Like a wiki or something! Lol
I suppose I should just be patient and wait for those things to be assembled there. Or maybe compiled into a "lore bible" of sorts (using the wiki as a source, along with ITS sources), which I think would help fanfic writers tremendously!

TheRedRaccoon

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2017, 02:11:56 AM »
There is an unfortunate lack of publicly available lore around Armello, but once upon a time we did try to assemble what knowledge we could muster, though that ultimately failed, again, due to lack of actual material.

In fact, as far as I'm aware, the most lore we have for anyone/anything is for the members of the Bandit Clan who (I believe) have their bios up on the Wiki.

I did attempt to assemble their story slightly more coherently, and that document (entitled "Armello: A Somewhat Comprehensive History") is floating around in the artist's corner somewhere...
~ 火狐-Red ~
TheRedRaccoon: "It is I, Esophogus! The great and terrible bane!"
Woodweirdo: "And his partner in crime, RONALD"

G0vnah

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2017, 02:30:35 AM »
Really? Well, sweet! I'll have to keep my eyes out for that, then!