Author Topic: ~ Official Armello Wiki ~  (Read 30821 times)

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
~ Official Armello Wiki ~
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:23:38 PM »
It's true, the Armello community is one of a kind!

Some of our forum folk have been tinkering behind the scenes to bring you, the Official Armello Wiki.

Leftcross, Alvorn and 8BitProxy have been hard at work structuring and filling this Wiki with content, but this job is bigger than the three of them! So, we thought it's time to bring it to the broader Armello community! They will continue to submit content and help curate the whole site.

The guys will be posting here jobs they need help with OR if you're keen on helping out on a particular area, put your hand up.

This Wiki is for the community, by the community - League of Geeks have just set up the domain and will be offering out assistance where we can.

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Official Armello Wiki ~
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:03:44 PM »
Thanks Lisy !

Leftcross has been leading the charge on the Wiki and I'm sure will be along soon to say a couple of things about it.

However I just wanted to jump in first and say a huge Thankyou ! to Leftcross. He's been awesome !

And so have the LoG Crew, in particular the ever wonderful Lisy and her side kick developer (sorry we don't know who you are, but your awesome non the less). Not only have they trusted us with this, they have also pinched in and helped where possible (like hosting it and making changes at the backend as we request them).

You all deserve a gold star.

The wiki itself is shaping up to be fantastic ! Theres a bit there at the moment however we're going to need aYOUR help  getting more info into it (like information on every Card in the game). So please give us a yell if your interested in helping out.

Just a note on the Games Guide. We don't see this as a replacement for that.We actually see the two of them working along side by side. Maybe in the future we can drop the game guide, but at the moment its here to stay. And I have to say the next version is looking pretty darn sweet :)

https://twitter.com/owenmckerrow/status/552444459775184897

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:17:13 PM »
And I have to say the next version is looking pretty darn sweet :)

I can say from seeing it... this is.. CORRECT!

YOU GUYS RULE!

Conundrum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 05:22:30 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm Lisy's trusty developer sidekick when it comes to all this web stuff.

I'm super psyched to see how fervently you guys have attacked the wiki, and more than happy to have been able to help you guys create these amazing resources in any small way I can. I look forward to seeing how far this can go!

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm Lisy's trusty developer sidekick when it comes to all this web stuff.

I'm super psyched to see how fervently you guys have attacked the wiki, and more than happy to have been able to help you guys create these amazing resources in any small way I can. I look forward to seeing how far this can go!

Well Conundrum thank you very much !

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 08:42:38 PM »
Go! Go! Go!

The Early Access release isn't far off! We need this thing... p o p u l a t e d.

So much stuff to get in there. ;)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 09:18:39 PM »
By the way, feel free to copy and paste stuff from the Game Guide. That's where a lot of the content has come from already.

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 02:47:56 AM »
Thanks the kind words, Alvorn; you have been picking up the slack the last couple of days with my hectic schedule.

I would also add that members should feel free to copy information (provided it is still relevant, that is) from the old Wikia page (armello.wikia.com)--I only say this because I wrote the vast majority of it, not because I am an advocate of plagiarism!

Gratitude in advance for everyone's assistance.

Leftcross

• Backer
  • Chuffing all over your stuff since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 04:00:16 AM »
Also, is there any chance of moving this out of the backer-only area in the near future? I can understand the need to keep it here for the time being, but I want to link to it from the about page so prospective editors know where the needs are.

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 09:13:20 AM »
Also, is there any chance of moving this out of the backer-only area in the near future? I can understand the need to keep it here for the time being, but I want to link to it from the about page so prospective editors know where the needs are.

Yes, Leftcross I'll be moving this to the public section of the Forum once we're in Early Access.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 08:44:56 PM »
Woo it's finally out there what do you all think? 

Nice to meet you conundrum thanks so much for getting that visual editor in there the new graphic especially on the hero pages are looking saweeeettttt!

Thanks also to lisy, Alford and leftcross for inviting me into this it's been a pleasure to work with you and I'm looking forward to packing this even more!

That said just a heads up I am currently compiling a repository of card images to match the available repository on the wiki as they currently lack images. Thanks guys and welcome to the wiki!

YouTube | Email

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »
That said just a heads up I am currently compiling a repository of card images to match the available repository on the wiki as they currently lack images. Thanks guys and welcome to the wiki!

And we should have a standard layout for card info and images up in the next day or so. :)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »
-- Updated - Now includes a template for Followers --

Hi All,

So we hope you've had a chance to check out the Wiki and we hope you've liked what you found :) Maybe you found yourself wondering, man I wish I could help. Well never fear Armillian you can !
We have made up a couple of simple templates for each of the Card decks and now we need YOUR help applying these to all the cards.

You can check them out here:
http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=Regeneration
http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=War_Horn
http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=Poisoned_Gift
http://wiki.armello.com/index.php?title=Brilliant_Fool

If your interested please make yourself an account and get editing !

Whats that you've never used a Wiki before, or don't know HTML ? Well never fear its super easy, just like using a Word Processor.

Visual Editor:
For those that like WYSIWYG there is a visual editor installed.
1) Just pick a card that needs to updated
2) Jump into Armello and grab a screen shot of it. Don't forget to also record the Artist name and the "flavour text" (or alternatively run it in Window mode so you can just swap back to it when you need to).
3) Click on the "Edit" link at the top of the page
4) In a second window (or tab) of your browser Open up the Template Card of the deck that your working on belongs to i.e. Magic - Regeneration, Item - War Horn, Trickery - Poisoned Gift, Follower - Brilliant Fool
5) Click on its Edit as well.
6) You should just be able to copy and past the Template cards table across to your selected card.
7) Save your results ! And don't forget to leave a comment in regards what you have done.

HTML
For those of you who are old school and don't mind getting your hands a little dirty with some HTML (or can't get the Visual Editor to work for some reason like me). Then follow these steps:
1) Just pick a card that needs to updated
2) Jump into Armello and grab a screen shot of it. Don't forget to also record the Artist name and the "flavour text" (or alternatively run it in Window mode so you can just swap back to it when you need to).
3) Click on the "Edit Source" link at the top of the page.
4) In a second window (or tab) of your browser Open up the Template Card of the deck that your working on belongs to i.e. Magic - Regeneration, Item - War Horn, Trickery - Poisoned Gift, Follower - Brilliant Fool
5) Click on its Edit  Source as well.
6) Copy all the lines from the template card between where is says "<!-- Copy from the line below, down to where it says to stop" and "<!-- This is where you stop copying", then paste them into your selected card.
7) Work your way through what you have just copied and update the sections indicated, by a comment i.e. <!--
8) When your ready, click on "Show Preview" to check how it looks (you can do this at any time you like to see how its going).
 9) Save your results ! And don't forget to leave a comment in regards what you have done.

Don't worry if you stuff anything up, LeftCross, 8BitProxy or myself will come along and check it all out later. And we can always roll back to the old version if things have gone really pear shaped !

Now images. 8BitProxy is working on something a little bit special for these, so for the moment just leave them blank. I'll come back and update these instructions once we have the surprise sorted.

If the above isn't clear or if you have any questions what so ever, please feel free to ask. We need your help so the easier we can make it for you the better :)

Alvorn
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:25:29 PM by Alvorn »

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 10:30:43 PM »
These screenshots are pretty big. What's the resolution you using? Your card shots are like 50% bigger than mine.

Is there a problem they being around 530x270 only?
No longer around...

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 11:26:46 PM »
These screenshots are pretty big. What's the resolution you using? Your card shots are like 50% bigger than mine.

Is there a problem they being around 530x270 only?

Hey Lienn,

Thanks for helping !

Don't worry about the screen shots of the cards at this stage. 8BitProxy has that covered :)

Just concentrate on the card info. We'll post here again when we have some more news on the images.

Alvorn