Author Topic: Some ideas from the boys and me (0.2.2)  (Read 1041 times)

ADGiulinn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Some ideas from the boys and me (0.2.2)
« on: December 31, 2014, 05:07:46 PM »
Love it so far - and I know you are working on some more amazing things before general release.  We are proud to be a backer.

Some ideas from the boys and me  (0.2.2):

A range of death sequences for each character (inc Banes).  Currently seems to be only one animated graphic for each showing their demise (including Sana's "boggle eyes").  Good animation but it feels a bit limited after only a couple of games.

More quests - already repeating - and some are repeating in same game (definitely avoid this).  I might be wrong on the latter but I think I saw that once.  I know you are working on these so just sayin' ...

A way to "zoom out" and see the whole board. Or maybe whole board shown in corner in miniature and then can click on it to see full board view.  I am thinking of a board game, on a table - I can always see the whole board and have an understanding of the overall context.  Scrolling around takes too long / too clumsy when used for that purpose.

Ability to choose to stay focused on my character - or move with gameplay "camera" - or flick between both.

Options for a bigger board and/or a longer game (more rounds of day/night). Thinking d&d which I understand can go on for ages depending on choices made and skill/interest levels.  Leave default as is but allow options at start.

Ways to "zoom in" and see places or characters up close.  Understand the art requirements here of course.  Sister-in-law says "visuals of walking through villages and buying from shops" but I explained that might be a step too far from the board game concept you are replicating here.

Cards that refill health - but add to potential body stat if used when health is full.

Options to play such that death means exclusion from game or exclusion for a number of turns or lose prestige or cards or equipment or whatever.  Something more than just "immediately back in from clan grounds after death".  Leave default as is but allow options at start.

See followers walking with you on the gameboard, including in battle screen if they help with fighting, ie not just as cards.

A follower that is a boar that assists in battle.

An explanation - and a slow-motion replay option - or both combined.  To explain what happens / happened with dice, eg roll Wyld gets re-roll, or followers.  I am thinking here that a dungeon master (in d&d for example) would explain to a newbie what was going on.  I think you'll lose a lot of new players if it is just "black magic" as it appears often now.

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
Re: Some ideas from the boys and me (0.2.2)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 05:24:47 PM »
More quests - already repeating - and some are repeating in same game (definitely avoid this).  I might be wrong on the latter but I think I saw that once.  I know you are working on these so just sayin' ...
We definitely agree - it's currently not possible to get duplicate Quests in one game. Also yes, Quests are still a work in progress!

A follower that is a boar that assists in battle.
Have you seen that we're taking suggestions from backers for some card types? You have posted just in time because we're closing this off tonight!

Cards that refill health - but add to potential body stat if used when health is full.
Kind of like Bark Skin?

An explanation - and a slow-motion replay option - or both combined.  To explain what happens / happened with dice, eg roll Wyld gets re-roll, or followers.  I am thinking here that a dungeon master (in d&d for example) would explain to a newbie what was going on.  I think you'll lose a lot of new players if it is just "black magic" as it appears often now.
Totally - we don't really have a tutorial at the moment, this is something we will be working on! We have been implementing more comms during the past few builds to help communicate how each Item, Card or Follower influences the dice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:26:35 PM by Lisy Kane »

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Some ideas from the boys and me (0.2.2)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 07:09:38 PM »
About zoom in/out, just use mouse scroll wheel. ^^ I actually discovered this by accident ^^:
No longer around...