Author Topic: 0.2,2 general feedback  (Read 2157 times)

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
0.2,2 general feedback
« on: December 20, 2014, 04:24:23 AM »
Well, there's a couple stuff to try still...but so far:

-Raising corrupted to 5 Rot feels fair since it increases the "weakness" period.

-Royal shield is horrible now. ^^:::: It should still offer at least 1 shield or a +1 fight since now it's effectiveness is directly proportional to the number of rolls, rarely rewarding more than a extra shield.

-Cleansing Wyld cost decrease was very welcome.

-Watch amulet feels underwhelming. While it does help heroes with perils, its usefulness drops as the Wits increase. In the end the +1 Wits is overall more useful than it. I think it would be cooler it instead decreasing the Peril level by 1.

-Amber's emerald ring is VERY underwhelming. +1 shield at plains is worthless in comparison to her other rings.

-Amber's diamond ring is priceless! <3 Was an awesome addition to combo with her talent title!

-Sana's set of rings is perfect now IMO (assuming there's damage dealing spells OTW)!

-Thane's Onyx ring and Mercurio's Black Opal ring description feels redundant. If it works at both day and night then it will be always active at terrain, allowing to omit the "day and night".

-Thane's Onyx and Celestite rings still feel underwhelming if compared to the other 2. Maybe they feel more useful when mountain tiles effect gets improved tho...or, seeing they're clan rings, feel more useful at wolf ranger. Maybe she'll have a mountain-related talent title effect...(Gogo being able to spend an AP while at mountains to deal -2 Health to a hero within  range 2. ^^ It would make she being at mountains something very strategic!)

-All 4 talent titles feel right! ^^ Thane's one made him specially deadly tho...with an extra Wits (so he can hold 4 swords) he can auto-kill anyone other than the King and Sana.  Sana one is also cool...can't wait to see it triggering if she goes "paragon" ^^

-Being able to use cards at clan grounds at self was a good addition...but not being able to use at others wasn't a good deal at all. ^^: Hoping for further tunning coming this way. ^^:

-Spirit now stacking like gold feels really nice. Declaration that consumes spirit should be buffed now to reflect the new amount of spirit players can have. Maybe changing it to "siphon all spirit" would feel better from now on. Siphoning just 1 spirit now is no big deal..

-Lastly, finding Banes at dungeons actually was funny. =P Would be nice we having the option of fighting it (for reward) or get routed instead of being routed automatically.

Overall a nice patch tho! ^^ May try it a couple more times to see if i find something else worth commenting! ^^
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:45:36 AM by Lienn »
No longer around...

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: 0.2,2 general feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »
Well...a little story that happened today...i was there, bullying the King (as always)...

That's the 2nd assault of mine. Notice:

-King's Rot
-My hand
-My equip
-My Rot

Stormed in the palace like a boss (like Megamind at city hall after defeating Metro Man lol), got face to face to the Mad King and asked "What's up, Doc?" Result:

(wish i had this roll at first atempt. Would've beaten them at first try)

...and then i became king! /o/

...ow...wait a minute!!!! o_O

And that's the story. Found kinda weird this "Pretige over Rot Victory" of Sana. ; ; Anyway, time to kill the fatty now...feeling a urge of wearing a bear fur mantle by the next dawn. >:D
No longer around...

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 02:31:04 PM »
So, after eating some bear steak at dinner was time to hunt the king again! This time i was Hulkified tho! 10 body plus 4 shields from gear so read "immortal"! "You can huff and puff...and nothing will happen, kitty!"

It was funny to see the number of die the King had tho...9 Rot of his against 7 of mine!

Yet it turned out into the most tense moment i ever had while playing Armello! Check out the results after i burned my Rot card:

One dice left to roll, King had 3 shields, i had 3 swords. It was the last night so if i miss the King would die and the rat would prestige win. Sword, Moon or Rot and i win, Sun, Shield or Wyld and the rat win...50% for each! For who lady luck would smile? Dun dun duuuuun!

The result?

No longer around...

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »
Also i couldn't resist... ; ; "Tomb Raider"...

No longer around...

Ty Carey

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »
LOL it had to happen sooner or later - Amber Tomb Raider :)

That final battle was super tense ! Can't believe you buffed her body to 10 - hulk indeed! How'd you manage that?

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 12:47:34 AM »
LOL it had to happen sooner or later - Amber Tomb Raider :)

That final battle was super tense ! Can't believe you buffed her body to 10 - hulk indeed! How'd you manage that?

Stacked Bark Skin. ^^ In the end for defense i find spells better than items. Bark Skin and Mirror Image are my 2 fav defensive spells because they're really cheap and actually cover 2 turns so i can use some at day then use more at night after spirit was refilled (that's what i did in this match. Had 1 Mirror Image and 3 Bark Skin going). Also, when going Rot i can't go defensive items way or I end not being able to suicide to Banes. ^^:
No longer around...

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
Very nice work! I've never seen such a huge body buff, what was your strategy through the main game, excluding your end turn? I'm curious to hear how you accumulated your rot, cards or banes?

Also, when is the hard copy novel coming out? ;)

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 02:03:38 AM »
Very nice work! I've never seen such a huge body buff, what was your strategy through the main game, excluding your end turn? I'm curious to hear how you accumulated your rot, cards or banes?

It's all from banes and Warlock. I think i used 1 poisoned gift too but not sure. I just went on Wits build and tried to get Sword, Shield, Moon and Sun type cards ASAP (sword and shield comes easier from items, Wyld and Sun from Spells, Moon and Rot from Tryckery), going through each deck with highest chance. As soon as i got them i sprung the palace trial, explored for a day or so to finish gearing then started saving defensive spell cards for King fight.

It's basically a fast win build just to get ppl desperate (Palace peril going down at first dawn = everybody can panic now!) It's VERY luck based tho since at start of game we can't burn through cards as fast as later on due lack of foes. That's why the Peril doing down ASAP is important...so we can fight guards too.

And "The Chronicles of the Amber Raider: Fall of Mad King" may be available at all the biggest book stores next spring! And even Amber herself will be autographing books (more like slicing them in two) at "Rot Bookworm" book store every weekend too! ^^
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:07:04 AM by Lienn »
No longer around...

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 07:36:37 PM »
You're my hero, Lienn!

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 07:10:26 PM »

It's all from banes and Warlock. I think i used 1 poisoned gift too but not sure. I just went on Wits build and tried to get Sword, Shield, Moon and Sun type cards ASAP (sword and shield comes easier from items, Wyld and Sun from Spells, Moon and Rot from Tryckery), going through each deck with highest chance. As soon as i got them i sprung the palace trial, explored for a day or so to finish gearing then started saving defensive spell cards for King fight.

It's basically a fast win build just to get ppl desperate (Palace peril going down at first dawn = everybody can panic now!) It's VERY luck based tho since at start of game we can't burn through cards as fast as later on due lack of foes. That's why the Peril doing down ASAP is important...so we can fight guards too.

And "The Chronicles of the Amber Raider: Fall of Mad King" may be available at all the biggest book stores next spring! And even Amber herself will be autographing books (more like slicing them in two) at "Rot Bookworm" book store every weekend too! ^^

Sounds very nice! The warlock is such a good follower but so difficult to get, But a warlock on mercurio makes spell cards so much more viable, especially late game!