Author Topic: (MAC) No game startup after character/ring selection - feat. no music  (Read 1559 times)

Reyahwind

• Backer
    • View Profile
The game opens to the title screen and no SFX/music.

You can reel through the character and ring selection screens with no problems

EXCEPT: the names of the character/ring you select don't change at all from the initial one selected from start up of that particular screen.
Also, specifically for the ring selection screen, the effect of a shining light behind you choices only appear behind the initial selected icons from start up of that particular screen.

Again, with no SFX/music at all.

When choosing the 'start' button it sends you to the game

HOWEVER: the game initiation doesn't appear to work and the screen is fixated without remedy on the center castle with the information in the ticker at the bottom of the screen dictating that:

"The King has played a peril to Palace tile (south/east/west/north)" [respectively]

The game does not initiate any other sequence than this.

I am able to access the 'report bug' button and the 'menu' button in order to quit but nothing else.

The 'Hero' button at the right of the screen remains uncheckable.

Version: 0.2.1#12

Mac: 10.6.8
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:45:16 PM by Reyahwind »

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: (MAC) No game startup after character/ring selection - feat. no music
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »
Hi Reyahwind! Thanks for the submission!

Would you be able to let me know how much video memory your computer has? If you're VRAM is quite low, that could explain it.

Reyahwind

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
Hi

Sorry for the late reply

I have 256MB VRAM available

thanks

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 01:59:42 PM »
I have 256MB VRAM available

Thanks for letting us know - at the moment Armello supports VRAM over 1GB, so this would explain the issues you are having!

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »
Thanks for letting us know - at the moment Armello supports VRAM over 1GB, so this would explain the issues you are having!

Thats a lot of VRAM! Im sure my machine doesn't have that much and it has never had any problems running the game (will confirm when I get home tonight when I check my FPS as well).

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 12:01:51 PM »
Thats a lot of VRAM! Im sure my machine doesn't have that much and it has never had any problems running the game (will confirm when I get home tonight when I check my FPS as well).

Yeah 1GB VRAM is recommended for the best Armello performance, we're not exactly sure what our "minimum" specs are - that being the absolute minimum to run with no issues.

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 01:16:06 PM »

Yeah 1GB VRAM is recommended for the best Armello performance, we're not exactly sure what our "minimum" specs are - that being the absolute minimum to run with no issues.

I guess thats part of the reason why you guys are chasing FPS feedback yeah ?

And Im also guessing that our bug reports contain our machine specs so you can see how much RAM, VRAM, CPU type people have ?

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 01:21:05 PM »

I guess thats part of the reason why you guys are chasing FPS feedback yeah ?

And Im also guessing that our bug reports contain our machine specs so you can see how much RAM, VRAM, CPU type people have ?

Yup that's right!