Author Topic: Declarations, Notifications, and Rot  (Read 837 times)

Calico

• Backer
  • Who's driving this flying umbrella?
    • View Profile
    • about.me
Declarations, Notifications, and Rot
« on: December 05, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »
Hi there!!

This may be a planned feature already, but I would love to see some notifications on the effect of the declarations that are chosen, as well as some of the other things that happen.

As for the declarations, I image after a declaration is chosen, having the portraits come up of each player with the relevant information underneath, and then showing how the declaration affects them. So for the one that says siphon magic or else lose prestige (...that is one of them, right? ^///^), the portraits would come up with the number of magic each player has, and for those that can pay a little -1 magic floats away from it, and if not then a little -1 prestige. One of the declarations this would be best for is the one where the lowest prestige player gets a treasure. I always wonder who got the reward!

In that same sense, there are some other things, especially with the new rot mechanics, that happen very quickly and would benefit from some kind of center-screen notification to show what's going on. So with the new rot mechanic (which I love!) you lose health for having rot, but sometimes I'd forget I gained a point of rot and suddenly I'm dying and totally forgot why. If at the start of my turn, my rot count was shown briefly in the center with -1 heart floating away from it, then I'd be reminded of why I'm dying!

So ya, notifications like that for things.

Off topic, but about the new rot mechanic... I like the new glow effect on the character models, but it doesn't disappear when a character is in stealth, giving away their position. I actually really really like this, since it's another negative effect for having rot, but was it intentional? I was just wondering!

Anyway! Yay! Just wanted to put that out there!

Thanks!! :D

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Declarations, Notifications, and Rot
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:56:19 PM »
Excellent suggestions ! I like em :)