Author Topic: Rot - your thoughts ?  (Read 1292 times)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Rot - your thoughts ?
« on: December 05, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »
Hi All,

So I know that LoG will eventually reveal exactly what Rot is (probably in the short story about the King that was  included as a Kickstarter reward). But I thought with last nights build focusing on rot and that cool picture of a very scary looking rot type parasite I thought I'd throw a couple of questions out there, for no other reason than having  a bit of fun and wild speculation.

So...
1) What do YOU think the Rot is ?
2) Where did the Rot come from ?
3) Is it really controlable ?

Alvorn

Tzudro

• Backer
  • Forget the monochromatic clans, join the Bandits!
    • View Profile
Re: Rot - your thoughts ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 01:39:50 PM »
1. I think Rot is the natural opposite of the Wyld.  If the Wyld can be called upon for assistance and whatnot, there must then be a negative, harmful energy to balance the equation.  Those who embrace the Rot are undoubtedly empowered, but it saps their mental faculties, making them powerful but mad.

2.  When the Wyld was tapped for the first time, the Rot was called upon as well in the lust for power.  Though probably not at the same place, while one summoned the power of the Wyld for the selfless good, another somewhere else called the Rot for selfish might.

3.  I believe the Rot is entirely controllable, I also believe that as the Rot twists one's mind, it makes their use of the Rot more and more erratic.  I believe it also saps vitality as time goes on, making the user seek out more and more violent, sick ways to prolong their life and make the most of their ill gotten unnatural force. 

The Wyld heals and subtly grants you help as long as you ask.  The Rot must be taken and forced to obey, and geants great power, but is also a disease that slowly kills.
Forget the narrow minded, join the Bandits!  All animals welcome!

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Rot - your thoughts ?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
Just ye olde corruption maguffin!

Or like the Nothing from Never Ending Story.