Author Topic: Listener Amulet: Opinions?  (Read 1819 times)

WolfHero

• Backer
  • Listen... Do you hear that?
    • View Profile
Listener Amulet: Opinions?
« on: November 28, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »
+1 Wiit, aka +1 card storage when drawing each dawn and night... And perils and whatnot.

It's... Useful, but I often pick others instead seeing as having that early prestige or fight seems a little better. I end up drawing cards that I'm not too fond of, and I always seem to have at least one that I can't really use effectively so the extra wit seems like a moot choice. What do you guys think about it?

... Also, if I'm not allowed to reveal what it does here, my apologies.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Re: Listener Amulet: Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 01:32:22 PM »
The +1 wit can be an extreme advantage especially towards the end of the game. Having an extra card to burn against the palace perils or potentially draw a wild in the fight against the king can be the difference between victory and defeat. While there are other options such as Scratch (fight) and Rot. These all tend to be directed towards a sure victory and more often then not if your plan goes south you could be left with a wasted amulet giving you barely any advantage.  If you cant get rot at the beginning of the game you are greatly disadvantaged towards the end.  If you end up getting  a prestige amulet however, suddenly you find yourself 3rd in prestige and holding 3 spirit stones your amulet is basically wasted.  While the +1 wit can be pointless is holds much more flexibility then a lot of the other amulets and as a result I personally choose it when I dont feel I can pursue a Rot victory. Its still depends on your chosen Hero

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »
Don't quote me on it but I think every ring/amulet that simply gives you a 'stat+1' is just place-holder right now. I think LoG are trying to figure out what kind of specific game changing attributes to add via rings/amulets without breaking balance.

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 01:53:43 PM »
Don't quote me on it but I think every ring/amulet that simply gives you a 'stat+1' is just place-holder right now. I think LoG are trying to figure out what kind of specific game changing attributes to add via rings/amulets without breaking balance.

You have officially been quoted, yes that's right the Rings & Amulets are going to be getting some more love in future releases, so keep an eye out!

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 06:35:27 PM »

You have officially been quoted, yes that's right the Rings & Amulets are going to be getting some more love in future releases, so keep an eye out!

I know that the rings and amulets are mostly placeholder, but I have still been thinking about writing down my thoughts of the ballance of it. Would this have any interest at all?
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 09:08:59 PM »

I know that the rings and amulets are mostly placeholder, but I have still been thinking about writing down my thoughts of the ballance of it. Would this have any interest at all?

Of course it would be interesting. How single permanent stat-boosts would affect the game and experiences of the players with this aspect is very useful.