Author Topic: Can we have the rules as a downloadable PDF?  (Read 1480 times)

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
Can we have the rules as a downloadable PDF?
« on: November 27, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »
My friend doesn't know how to play, and it seems there's a lot to absorb and it seems complicated. If we could have that PDF rule book on the humble page, because not everyone will want to sing up to the forums

PS: I know it's available in the backers den, but not everyone has access and have to request access I believe
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:10:33 AM by Junaid_Hussain »

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Can we have the rules as a downloadable PDF?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 11:14:56 AM »
Hey Junaid,

Im assuming yoru refering to the QuickStart guide that can be downloaded from this thread (look at the bottom of the first post and there is a link to download a PDF version )
http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=472.0

You could always grab a copy from here and email it to your friend.

8BitProxy and I are working on an unoffical game gudie which goes into a lot more detail than the quickstart guide. Its taking us a little longer than we thought it would because once we got into it we realised just how much deepth there is to this game. Keep an eye out here on the forums which is where we will release it.

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »
Yeah I ended up downloading that and then linking it via dropbox, but I was suggesting that the guide be made available as a PDF on the humble page, one stop shop to grab what you need. Rather than:

Request Backer Den Access
Get Backer Den Access
Find Thread
Download PDF/Open PDF

Seems simple to just attach it to everyone's humble page, even for those that don't have the game, because it will give them some idea of how the mechanics work.

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 03:24:17 PM »
Hi Junaid,

It's a good point, but the Forum is the central hub at the moment for all our players. We don't use Humble Bundle to really keep up with communications and as we're in Beta the Guides that are currently being created are by our awesome players (lookin' at you Alvorn & 8BitProxy). These Guides will also change because of the nature of Beta, nothing is final and things will change! The Forum is flexible enough that they can keep updating these guides as necessary.

You shouldn't have to request access to the Backers Den, we've set it up that if you've signed up to the forum with the email address you pledged with you will automatically be given access (takes an hour maximum for this to happen). I check occasionally to see if any were missed.

Great idea though!

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 03:56:19 PM »
hi Lisy,

thanks for sorting out my game by the way, really appreciate the effort on your part.

With regards to the PDF guide, I think, it's fair to say that not everyone that has an extra copy has the same email associated with it. For example, I gifted my copy of the game to a friend, and kept a copy myself. However, both my emails are associated with each copy.

So, if my friend signs up with his email address, which has done, he's signed up to the forums now, but doesn't use my email address for the second copy he can't be verified as the owner, even though he has claimed the page for himself, it's associated with my email address. I can see many people doing this, there may have been a gifting option, but I guess I didn't tick it, and now he's stuck with the humble page which only he can access for his copy, which is fine. But, I cannot disassociate my address with that page, because if he uses the key resender, it will send to my address not his.

I linked him to the guide but he couldnt' access it, so the above is the situation, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But hey, if it's taken on board that's great. I've copied him the guide now so he doesn't need the access, but he may want to share his thoughts on the game, so he will still need access I guess.

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 04:13:27 PM »
Great to hear, glad it's been sorted for you.

Your generosity in gifting the game like this is actually very rare. We've had people buy extra copies (of the full release game, not Beta) to gift to friends or family, but not many people have actually pledged twice using separate email addresses. 

I'm more than happy to give your friend access to this forum, just let me know what their email address is when they sign up. This is because you've pledged twice!

As for the Humble Bundle issues, can you please PM me which account you want changed to your friend. We can edit the Humble Bundle profile to have your friends email address rather than yours.

Hope this answers all your questions!