Author Topic: Palace Perils  (Read 1670 times)

chrisls3113

• Backer
    • View Profile
Palace Perils
« on: November 21, 2014, 08:18:01 AM »
I was wondering when the palace perils got switched to wits and spirit only? That seems a little unfair toward say thane who has the lowest score in both giving the others a relative advantage for palace perils. I had a ton of fight and rot to go stomp the king just to get turned away because I couldn't even get in

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Palace Perils
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 08:22:08 AM »
I think it makes a certain kind of sense.
You are right that Thane has a harder time getting through, having low spirit and wits as he does. On the other hand, his imense fight stat means that he has a better chance beating the king if he does get through. And there is always the strategy of waiting for someone else to try their luck and then killing them off once they solved the peril for you.
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:59:11 AM »
I think it makes a certain kind of sense.
You are right that Thane has a harder time getting through, having low spirit and wits as he does. On the other hand, his imense fight stat means that he has a better chance beating the king if he does get through. And there is always the strategy of waiting for someone else to try their luck and then killing them off once they solved the peril for you.

Or packing prestige and winning when they both die. Thats always an annoying outcome haha

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 10:01:18 AM »
I was wondering when the palace perils got switched to wits and spirit only? That seems a little unfair toward say thane who has the lowest score in both giving the others a relative advantage for palace perils. I had a ton of fight and rot to go stomp the king just to get turned away because I couldn't even get in

Hey chrisls,

It happened during the Alpha. At first like you I thought it was a bit rough on old Thane, but the more I played it the more i liked it. It was actually a nice game balancing mechanic, otherwise with a couple of items Thane could rush the King early on and the others didn't have much of a chance.

Alvorn