Poll

Whats your opinion?

Yes
No
Not Sure

Author Topic: Ease your friends into Armello  (Read 1688 times)

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Ease your friends into Armello
« on: November 05, 2014, 06:28:39 PM »
Hey all

Just wanted to make a quick post to ask everyones feedback on an idea Lizy and I came up with. Essentially its an alternative game mode in Armello however it doesn't take away from the core aspects of the game. Basically its 'Coach' mode and allows players to play in a sort of 'open hand' way in order for us to teach our friends how to play. I believe this would save time due to the fact that players wouldnt be reading out their hands constantly. 

Coach mode would play exactly the same as an original game with a few possible differences.  On the shelf under the characters equipped items and followers, there would be a display with all the players cards in hand. Another suggestion, a player is allocated Coach and has the ability to pause the game at any time (kind of like a timeout) to explain to the player what happened.

I understand this probably wont happen for a while due to the fact that LoG is currently extremely busy coming back from PAX and preparing a Beta release. So instead I wanted to ask what you guys think of this idea and make sure you vote in the poll above! Thanks

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Ease your friends into Armello
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 10:01:07 PM »
I like the concept of having a gamemode that  lets experienced players help newbies get into the game easier. To this end, i do think the open cards mode might help. It has the advantages of making it easier to follow other players strategy. Plus you will get to see a bigger sample of what cards exist.

I have some other thoughts, which has been tumbling around in my head:

Team mode.
Instead of being a four player free for all, this mode would be 2v2 (possibly with teams having to be from the same clan, but that's mostly fluff).  The most basic way of doing it was to simply make it so that if one player on a team fulfill victory conditions, the team wins. Other possibilites include trading cards, burning to boost your teammates combat, and probably more I haven't thought of.
This would be a mode, that let an experienced player actually carry his teammate through the game, taking som of the pressure off for the first couple of games. On top of that, it would still be relevant for experienced players, as it shifts some strategic values around, altering the game.

All for one.
Simmilar to teammode, but instead of a 2v2, the players all form a team, all trying to throw the king of the throne, and combining effort to do it. To make sure that there was still a challenge, some changes would have to be made. This could be something like removing prestige victory and giving the kingsguard a significant buff. (making more of them, making them agressive from the start, mayby rasing their stats, or any number of other changes.)
Fluffwise this would be  a scenario where the king had gone so far around the bend that everyone decided to work together to stop him.

I hope this helps, and sorry for moving of topic a bit.
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

Sorry Stoat

• Most weasels agree; the stoat is sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Ease your friends into Armello
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 04:48:10 AM »
I like the idea of co-op/team/clan games. I'm just going to make the suggestion of a Archenemy type mode. One player takes on the role  of the  new  king/queen and three other players team up to try to beat him or her.