Author Topic: Backerkit Questions  (Read 8626 times)

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
Backerkit Questions
« on: October 22, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »
Hi

I got the backerkit survey, it went smoothly but I've already changed my options three times, and may  change it a fourth time based on what the response is on these questions.

1) Basically I am wondering if the additional copies of the game will be getting beta access, if not is there a way to upgrade to get them beta access?

2) With said additional copies is it also possible to upgrade them so they include the bandit clan?

3) Will these backer only clans be available after the game as additional dlc? It would kinda make it unfair if the clan is more than just cosmetic, and are possibly OP compared to other clans.

4) How many players multiplayer is the game, as a tabletop game I assume a minimum of 2 with up to 4 or 6?

I did email you guys, but have had no response, I can appreciate you're busy.

With these questions out of the way, I am looking forward to the beta. but would like the option of q1 and q2 so I can get my friends on side with this game. If not I will probably stick to non-beta and leave my pledge at $15.

Thanks in advance

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Backerkit Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:19:03 PM »
I believe I can answer your questions. Bear in mind that I do not speak for the League of geeks, I simply repeat what I have read other places.

1) No, they are basic copies of the game with no extras. At this point I don't think there is a way of upgrading them.

2) Same as 1, they are basic copies nothing extra.

3) The league has been pretty clear that the Bandit clan will only ever be available to backers. Every other champ which have been shown wil be available as either standard or dlc. There has been some discussion between the backers of letting bandit clan backers share the bandit heroes with the ones they play against.
Also, we have all made very clear that we would prefer the bandits be less powerful rather than more powerful than the standard heroes. We don't want pay to win, and the league of geeks know it.

4) There are four players in any game. I think those four can be any mix of players and AI, but at this point I really don't know.

I hope that helped, and I'm more than willing to try and answer any other questions you have. (Remember though, that my answers are all "as far as I know").

In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 07:38:34 PM »
Thank you for your reply, I think that accurately answers my questions, and my expectations. I guess I will stick to the standard tier then, and wait till 2015 for the game to release. I was a little late to the party, so I couldn't gift or recommend friend's back it, as I am a slacker backer.

My friends are very keen to play it, but I can understand that there is no possible way to upgrade the standard add ons right now. So I will probably wait till it's released on steam next year and suggest it to my friend's as a purchase.

Thanks for your reply once more

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 09:47:26 PM »
Thank you for your reply, I think that accurately answers my questions, and my expectations. I guess I will stick to the standard tier then, and wait till 2015 for the game to release. I was a little late to the party, so I couldn't gift or recommend friend's back it, as I am a slacker backer.

My friends are very keen to play it, but I can understand that there is no possible way to upgrade the standard add ons right now. So I will probably wait till it's released on steam next year and suggest it to my friend's as a purchase.

Thanks for your reply once more

Hey Junaid I can neither Confirm or Deny what Xiander has replied however I've passed your question on to Trent and I'm sure he will be posting soon. Thanks for trying to help Xiander.

My own belief is that since as far as I know Slacker Backing is still available so since the option for an alternate copy with beta access wasnt available, the copy you will purchase in the add on, would be a full version with no Alpha, Beta or extras. That said, if slacker backing is available I'm sure you could buy extra versions through another pedge because It would remain the same price regardless of where bought.

Keep in mind this is only what I believe, I moderate the forums not the purchases and kickstarter :) we will have to wait for Trent to get back to us on this one :)

Thanks guys

YouTube | Email

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:15:34 PM »
Thanks 8BitProxy I believe slacker backer purchases have ceased/ended a little while ago so I'm in the same boat as originally.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:40 PM »
Thanks 8BitProxy I believe slacker backer purchases have ceased/ended a little while ago so I'm in the same boat as originally.

As yes I checked after posting :) sorry about the confusion mate looks like we will have to wait for Trent :) Thanks for your patience

YouTube | Email

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »
So i got a reply to my email, turns out as I thought. There's no way to upgrade the add ons.

Too bad.

Thanks for all the help though, much appreciated.

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 01:16:08 AM »
Junaid, if you want to upgrade the additional copies so that they are essentially a separate backer (i.e., $55 to get a copy of the game with Bandit Tier, etc), I am able to help you with that. I HAVE THE POWER.

Just to reiterate though, at just the $10 requested,  additional copies purchased as add-ons come with no additional digital content.

Reach out to me at trent@leagueofgeeks.com if you feel I can help. :)

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »
Interesting Trent, I may take you up on the offer. I know there's only a few days left so let me have a quick think and I'll email you with the details

Trent Kusters

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »
DONE.

ANOTHER HAPPY BACKER, PEOPLE. WE'RE MAKIN' MIRACLES HAPPEN OVER HERE!

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 04:22:33 PM »
in Trent we trust...

MinccinoCappuccino

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 04:26:58 AM »
Hello all!
I also had a question regarding the backerkit. If I want to play Armello on both my computer and tablet (both using Steam), do I need two copies of Armello? Or will one be okay?
Thanks in advance!  :D

Junaid_Hussain

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 02:05:07 AM »
Is your tablets windows? Steam only allows you to run one copy of one game at a time, you cannot run two copies of one game on the same account. If you have two steam accounts, each with a copy of the game then there is no problem

MinccinoCappuccino

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 02:41:07 AM »
It's an Android tablet, and sorry, I didn't mean I'd be playing them at the same time. if I wanted to play on my computer when I'm home and play on the tablet when I'm at a friend's house, would I still need two copies?

Trent Kusters

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 01:11:35 PM »
All backers will receive the game on ALL platforms, except for iOS.

Because we're just that cool.