Author Topic: [Switch] Freeze when king dies from rot during multiplayer  (Read 65 times)

Zinogrex

• View Profile
[Switch] Freeze when king dies from rot during multiplayer
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:21:12 AM »
Latest update causes the game to freeze completely when the king dies from rot on the final turn. This happened in a multiplayer match twice. It stops during the animation and you cannot use any controls to interact with the game. Closing the game from the switch menu pops up an error.

I am not sure if it is every time the king dies from rot, or if there are other ways the game could freeze from him dying. If I notice any other related crashes or ways to replicate this one I'll report back.

CACHAP

• View Profile
Re: [Switch] Freeze when king dies from rot during multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
I've had the same thing happen to me. I've played 4 games today, 3 of which crashed in the final turn. Twice due to the king dying from rot. The game actually seemed more stable before the patch.

CACHAP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 10:32:16 AM »
I realized I needed to provide a bit more information: The third game that crashed happened during a spirit stone victory. Also, one of the crashes happened during classic mode, two during Fury Friday mode, so the issue is not limited to one mode or victory type.

Manah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 06:26:51 AM »
Just had my second multiplayer game crash after a spirit stone victory (during the victory animation).

CACHAP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 07:51:24 AM »
Been testing things out a bit more - In my experience, anything that isn't a combat victory crashes the game. I've had two games that didn't crash of the ten or so games I've played, both involved killing the king directly. The others were prestige and spirit stone wins, every single one of these crashed during the final animation of the king.

I've tried a few methods to test the cause of the bug, including using different characters, reinstalling the game, and clearing the cache on my Switch. The issue persists through everything I've attempted. I can only speculate that it's the animation itself that is somehow glitched, because it's the only constant I can determine through my experimentation.

Hopefully something said in this thread will be helpful to you at LoG in getting to the bottom of this. I miss playing online!   :)

SleetyHalfling

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 08:53:34 AM »
I have experienced the same issue, also since the Switch update. Freeze on king's death at dawn.

Really hope the devs can get all these glitches sorted as I love this game.

Sleety

Retrorage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 02:45:29 PM »
I second this, the game after the patch is less stable, I'm getting software errors left and right, Que glitches and the game freezes. Games will not complete as others have stated, the game crashes during the final turn when the game ends. I'm sorry I might be restating the things already said, but this is highly common. The games I have had crash are  ROT victories and spirit stone victories specifically. 100% have crashed since the update. As for the quing issues. When we get 4 players into the ready menu state 90% of the time a person ethier quits or disconnects.( Im not sure which one it is ) The thing is, there is this issue where the ready menu glitches out, and I am unable to interact with it, or 4 people connect and the ready menu doesnt appear at all. I dont know if players are intentionally deciding to not ready and leave que or its a problem with the actual que itself.

On another note, Im really liking the update and the content its rolling over from the PC version. Real nice. Just need to patch up some multiplayer quing and freezing issues and Its GOLDEN, keep up the great work LoG!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:50:16 PM by Retrorage »