Author Topic: Introducing Scarlet, the Bandit King  (Read 16799 times)

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Scarlet, the Bandit King
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 07:17:02 AM »
I did say in conjunction with your idea...

Ohhh...i see. But this would means all followers Gold-free AND start with a follower (or two). IDK...that would be pretty risky since it would leave with a chance of getting a couple followers and geared right at first turn.

And i was thinking...prolly the difference about our followers viewpoints may be due the difference between our access to info. Maybe next patch can fix it. ^^ Can't comment past it but i'm pretty sure the plan is to have everyone with fully equipped shelf by the end of match.
No longer around...

Hobbes

• View Profile
    • My Steam Profile, add me if you wish to talk!
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 07:35:49 AM »
A chance, perhaps, but overall, pretty low. I'd say that's fairly edge case. One free follower in effect and the ability to pick up more for Scarlet's band for free would thematically work pretty well.

And what can't you comment on? At this point we're in early access, there's nothing that sits under NDA as far as development plans go. I can only give as useful suggestions as the information I'm being provided and all that.

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2015, 08:02:12 AM »
A chance, perhaps, but overall, pretty low. I'd say that's fairly edge case. One free follower in effect and the ability to pick up more for Scarlet's band for free would thematically work pretty well.

And what can't you comment on? At this point we're in early access, there's nothing that sits under NDA as far as development plans go. I can only give as useful suggestions as the information I'm being provided and all that.

Backers' Den still is under friendly NDA because the early info there also is part of KS rewards. So we do know more than we can say. While a good share of info were disclosed when topics were moved from there to general discussion and feedback we still have extras there as soon as ppl keep respecting the NDA.

My concern is that with followers and occasional gear she can, occasionally, overwhelm players right at first turn if she happens to also have a banish. There wouldn't have the need of the "preparation" period for her (depending of starting hand, of course).
No longer around...

Hobbes

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »
Backers' Den still is under friendly NDA because the early info there also is part of KS rewards. So we do know more than we can say. While a good share of info were disclosed when topics were moved from there to general discussion and feedback we still have extras there as soon as ppl keep respecting the NDA.

My concern is that with followers and occasional gear she can, occasionally, overwhelm players right at first turn if she happens to also have a banish. There wouldn't have the need of the "preparation" period for her (depending of starting hand, of course).

That's *really* not helpful. Prior to going Early Access it makes a lot of sense to have such an NDA in place but with us now in Early Access and development now moving into beta there's literally no reason to segregate information, it makes providing feedback difficult if there's a conscious divide between backers and non backers.

As for the other half of what you've said - banish is unlikely to make much difference (as it moves someone to the furthest dungeon relative to scarlet, worst case, it moves someone around the board a bit), bearing in mind you can't cast banish on someone in their clan grounds, if she perils a location, unless she has some form of recon allowing her to overview the map, well, that's shooting in the dark.

Lienn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »
I meant using banish on self. You would have 3AP to start moving from opposite side's dungeon, being able to ambush unarmed players that occasionally were headed to that ruins or near it.
No longer around...

Hobbes

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 08:45:38 AM »
One of those edge case things that may need poking then, there's almost certainly ways to resolve it (Have banish incur an AP cost when it teleports you would be the simplest option), or remove the option to play on self, so you have to play on a tile, then at least you've got to go through a peril check before you can use it. That removes the certainty from such a tactic.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 12:47:25 PM »
Reviving the thread to discuss Scarlet's position in game balance.

Strengths:
1. More Followers is usually a good thing, especially now that followers are free.
2. Balance stats gives lots of play options.

Weakness:
1. It's very hard to get your power to work.  Requires being near a town near a bane spawning dungeon, having specific declarations be made, or use of Incite Revolt or Malice Rising.  Like Sylas, players will go the extra mile to prevent your power from working.
2. Now that followers are free, the thought that her followers awarded would be free is moot.  Amber has similar stats and might end up getting more followers based on her power.

Overview:
Playing with a power that never happens is boring, but care must be taken to not let it become too easy to get lots of followers.  My only idea to help her involves getting a 10-20% chance bonus for Risky quest paths that reward followers on top of what she does.