Author Topic: Privacy Updates!  (Read 1249 times)

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
Privacy Updates!
« on: May 25, 2018, 03:50:28 PM »
Hey folks!

Like everyone else on the internet, we’ve got an important privacy announcement to let you know about.

On May 25th, a new and important privacy regulation comes into effect in the European Union; the General Data Protection Regulation. We know many of you are not located in the EU but these sweeping changes will still affect you.

Apart from the more standard Privacy Policy updates happening, this marks the imminent and timely end of the League of Geeks forums. We have fantastic memories of this space and we will grow new avenues of communication from the forum’s ashes. For now we’ll be focusing on our existing social channels, with a new focus on the Armello subreddit.

As such:
  • We are updating our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service found on our websites.
  • We’re also updating Armello’s EULA on Steam and you’ll soon see a new EULA in the mobile version too.
  • In the near future we will be archiving League of Geeks forums in their entirety. Please backup any content you do not want to lose. We will advise a date closer to it’s archival, but take action sooner rather than later.
  • In-game, you will only be able to access online features if you consent to our data retention policy and are not considered a child in your country (usually under 16 years of age).

Everyone will still be able to play offline should they wish, but naturally, none of Armello’s online features will work… duh.

How and what kind of data we collect from you hasn’t changed at all. From now on, we’ll be be exposing more account information to you and providing you with more tools to manage your data - including the ability to contact us to correct your data, restrict access to it, delete it or download it.

If you have any questions, please drop an email to admin[ @ ]leagueofgeeks.com.

Most Importantly: If you are considered a child or minor in your country, you must now delete this account by heading here > Actions > Delete Account.

As for everyone else, see you in (the freshly GDPR compliant) Armello!

<3 From all of us at LoG

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
Re: Privacy Updates!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 09:26:50 PM »
Forums will be archived?
Does this mean you are closing them entirely? Or will there be a "new" forum?
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Darcy Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
Forums will be archived?
Does this mean you are closing them entirely? Or will there be a "new" forum?

It's likely that indefinitely, the forums will be no more.  :'(

Other things will pop up, or be supported moreso in it's place, but not in forum format, at least for the immediate future.

<3

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 07:09:20 AM »
Is this really happening?  The forums still seem to be operating normally...  In fact, the top of the forum's main page says that new people are still joining.

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 12:02:05 PM »
Is this really happening?  The forums still seem to be operating normally...  In fact, the top of the forum's main page says that new people are still joining.

It's happening in the near future, we haven't yet locked in a good alternative so we're keeping it open til then!

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 03:19:51 AM »
That's sad, I've encountered some great people here.  Other fans and members of the dev team.   I really like Armello and I was hoping the forums would be around for a while.  I've made quite a few suggestions, some coming from the crazier side of my mind, and I was hoping to be able to look back on those for a long time to come.  Whatever your new community platform will look like, I'll support you guys because I like your game.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 03:07:16 AM »
So sad. Hope the "new" Whatever will have the same potential to keep talking to you (the Devs) and making social contacts with other "Armellians". Really loved how everybody here supported the warm, welcoming community this game has.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Lisy Kane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 03:40:42 PM »
So sad. Hope the "new" Whatever will have the same potential to keep talking to you (the Devs) and making social contacts with other "Armellians". Really loved how everybody here supported the warm, welcoming community this game has.

Oh yes, you better believe we'll be around. You cannot escape us.