Author Topic: Forum activity  (Read 4618 times)

DeeOH

• Backer
    • View Profile
Forum activity
« on: September 27, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »
Howdy Armellians,
I'm just a little curious with there not being many of us posting lately weather there's not many of us on the forums, or if there's just no one posting. I literally check the forums for new posts about 10-20 times a day, and wondering if i'm the only one who finds the lack of activity, even with the build in alpha, a little depressing? 
Either, either, neither.

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
Re: Forum activity
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 01:10:57 AM »
Nah, just not a lot to say, really. The forums were buzzing when they first opened, so most of the community has largely said their piece XD

And its just alpha - most of us are just toodling around with the game, stomping bugs
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”

LeitonGrey

• Backer
  • I strike from the shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 03:05:46 AM »
It's just how things go really. The game has only recently (in the grand scheme of things) become really all that public, and even then it's no triple-A game. It gained more life when the Alpha came out, and it will gain more when the Beta comes out. Once it comes out for everyone, it will get another, larger spike of life, and we'll have to see how it goes from there.

As for forum activity, no, the forum isn't really all that active. Far from dead, but not exactly bursting with life either. Time will tell how the forums go.
Taste of my disease
Twitch Art

Trendane

• Backer
  • Voice actor, writer, comic.
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 07:54:32 AM »
It gained more life when the Alpha came out, and it will gain more when the Beta comes out.

It also doesn't hurt if we, as users, spread the word and make sure that more and more people know about the game. We have more and more actual gameplay videos and such to spread around to friends and folks we think might find the game appealing.

It doesn't hurt to have a catchy hashtag you can use in tweets and posts to help increase visibility.  Since #StopTheRot is already in use, something like #TheRottingKing or something might work well.
--
Tren Sparks
I'm not crazy...I'm merely sane in the same way that Velveeta is cheese.

LeitonGrey

• Backer
  • I strike from the shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »
It also doesn't hurt if we, as users, spread the word and make sure that more and more people know about the game. We have more and more actual gameplay videos and such to spread around to friends and folks we think might find the game appealing.

It doesn't hurt to have a catchy hashtag you can use in tweets and posts to help increase visibility.  Since #StopTheRot is already in use, something like #TheRottingKing or something might work well.

There's only so much advertising one can do. This game was plastered all over most furry sites, and chatted about at least through my circle of friends quite a bit. Posting videos cannot be done yet, except by the small few who have alpha access.  Since this is a designed as more of a board-game-turned-video-game, it will be harder to market it to more than the board-game enthusiasts than most other game types.

Basically, what advertising that can be done so far, has been done. For now, we wait :P

As for Twitter, it would be better if we only had one main hashtag. Too many hashtags, and the cohesiveness of the advertisement falls apart.
Taste of my disease
Twitch Art

Trendane

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 03:23:41 PM »
Well, obviously, we'd have to choose the right hashtag. I completely agree that multiples dilutes the effectiveness of the push.

As for the rest, I'm not entirely sure I agree. I think that, with the right people streaming this game, it could really increase its visibility.  And not just streaming gameplay, but also dev interviews and such. Connect the audience to the makers, and they'll help spread the word.

I think more can still be done on our part if, and I stress IF,  the folks at LoG want us to. Pull the trigger on it too soon, and the interest will fade before they're ready to release.
--
Tren Sparks

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:28:10 AM »
Well, obviously, we'd have to choose the right hashtag. I completely agree that multiples dilutes the effectiveness of the push.

As for the rest, I'm not entirely sure I agree. I think that, with the right people streaming this game, it could really increase its visibility.  And not just streaming gameplay, but also dev interviews and such. Connect the audience to the makers, and they'll help spread the word.

I think more can still be done on our part if, and I stress IF,  the folks at LoG want us to. Pull the trigger on it too soon, and the interest will fade before they're ready to release.

I agree with your streaming comment but the game still crashes a fair bit, Not enough to make me stop playing but enough to prevent streaming.

Trendane

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 06:54:42 AM »
I agree with your streaming comment but the game still crashes a fair bit, Not enough to make me stop playing but enough to prevent streaming.

Well there are a lot of pre-release games being streamed by non-devs on Twitch and such. That being said, something slightly more stable would present a better image of the game to the audience.

It should also be noted that I'm not saying that we should look to be streaming it (with permission, of course) in anything close to the immediate future. A month or two down the road would be fine, I would think. It would give more time for the game to shore up a bit more, and time for an effective blitz to be planned.

Good things come to those who wait.....but the early bird gets the worm.  That's okay, though. I'd rather eat a well-fed bird than a worm.
--
Tren Sparks

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »

Well there are a lot of pre-release games being streamed by non-devs on Twitch and such. That being said, something slightly more stable would present a better image of the game to the audience.

It should also be noted that I'm not saying that we should look to be streaming it (with permission, of course) in anything close to the immediate future. A month or two down the road would be fine, I would think. It would give more time for the game to shore up a bit more, and time for an effective blitz to be planned.

Good things come to those who wait.....but the early bird gets the worm.  That's okay, though. I'd rather eat a well-fed bird than a worm.

Im hoping to do some youtube videos on Armello sometime in the future however I know if you go here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGgpOpsbceU
 There is a guy on this forum called DuneSparrow making videos about it at the moment!

I would definitely recommend them!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:00:42 AM by 8BitProxy »

Trendane

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Tren's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
Im hoping to do some youtube videos on Armello sometime in the future however I know if you go here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGgpOpsbceU
 There is a guy on this forum called DuneSparrow making videos about it at the moment!

I would definitely recommend them!

Ayup! I've been watching them!
--
Tren Sparks

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »

Ayup! I've been watching them!

I think we all have  ;)

About forum activity, I know that there are a lot of people lurking around the forums not posting much. I know this because I am one of them. I am on the forums whenever I'm at my computer, and most of the time, there are others logged in as well. people sign up for the forums daily, and with things like Dunesparrows streams and the quite interesting discussions already taking place... I think we're doing okay for a forum dedicated to a game which is still in alpha.

If we want to amp up the activity, I think the best thing we can do is post more. And in that spirit, I think I might go and start a topic about something somewhere  ;D
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
I can't really advertise. Most of the people I know are a couple close friends/family and the Melbourne game development scene, and the latter definitely know about Armello.

I should be playing more Armello and contributing gameplay feedback. Right now I'm addicted to getting a modded Skyrim up and running...

Also itching to get involved with some art etc. but it's not quite ready yet.

BloodyTrollop

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 01:05:17 AM »
I've been checking in every once in awhile, but life tends to get in the way and its hard to keep the drive going when the games not out yet.

Kobb

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Western Deep
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 06:20:01 AM »
I lurk, reading frequently but rarely ever posting. Not much to actually say until beta comes out, and I've been pretty busy doing my own stuff anyway. c:

Lazy Bugger

• Backer
  • I am just lazy... Also my feet are pretty darn dry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 07:55:48 AM »
Lurking is the magical way of waiting for the right moment to post something interesting...

Sadly I am bad at thinking about interesting things to say...