Author Topic: Fan Art/ "Vagabonds" DLC Homebrew  (Read 232 times)

crumbfoot

• View Profile
Fan Art/ "Vagabonds" DLC Homebrew
« on: March 26, 2018, 02:34:45 AM »
Did some Armello-art last night and thought I'd share. I'm sure the wording for their talents could be improved, and I'm sure they are potentially a bit imbalanced, but you get the idea.

Hadamar, the Whitemane (Wolf Clan)

Snowtop Survivalist - On Mountains, +1 Wits and +1 Body.

Fight - Body - Wits - Spirit
5 - 5 - 4 - 2

Long has Hadamar wandered alone across the desolate and unforgiving peaks of the Wolf Clan's realm. Generations have known him simply as the Whitemane, the last wolf who still follows the old ways of stone and fang. While reckless pups fling themselves into battle only to die upon a braced spear, Hadamar has always preferred to hold the high ground and study his enemy - using cunning, wisdom, and instinct in equal measure, as a true elder should.

Marigold, the Peerless Transmutress (Rabbit Clan)

Ingenious Alchemy - On Settlements, Equip cost becomes zero. Instead of equipping items, they are discarded. +1 gold and +1 Magic for each card discarded.

2 - 5 - 5 - 4

It has been many, many years since Marigold's wealthy family disowned her for daring to pursue the then-obscure art of alchemy to the utmost extreme - at the cost of currency, titles, influence, everything. Such banal things have always been of little consequence to the ingenious Marigold, particularly now that she has achieved what no other alchemist has ever achieved before - the ability to transmute any mundane material into pure power, in all its forms.

Dimitri, the King of Chymists (Rat Clan)

Dripping Daggers - Rolled Swords gain Pierce in Battle against Poisoned creatures. Creatures who attack Dimitri are Poisoned until the end of their next turn. This does not apply to ambushes.

5 - 4 - 5 - 2

Dimitri is an unnervingly intelligent and skillful rat - an unrivaled master of lethal toxins, who also happens to be quite an adept marksman with poisoned throwing knives.  While a rat of few words, it doesn't need to be said that his potent, specialized skills are always available to the highest bidder. The "King of Chymists," his peers often jest, but little do they know just how far his secret ambitions go...

Orva, the Sacred Stone Sentinel (Bear Clan)

Stonebearer - For every Spirit Stone, +1 Spirit and +1 Shield in Battle.

5 - 6 - 3 - 2

Few know the true origins or motivations of the stoic, enigmatic bear known only as the Sentinel of Stones. She has little use for her fellow bears, much less any other creature. She is more than content to wander from one Stone Circle to another, gathering powerful Spirit Stones for unknown ends...though, if the Wise are believed, she is urged onward in this quest by the ancient mask she wears, said to hold the spirits of long-dead druids...spirits that possess any who wear it...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:28:02 AM by crumbfoot »

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Re: Fan Art/ "Vagabonds" DLC Homebrew
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »
Vegabonds.  I like them!  I came up with two sets of my own but with my lack of artistic skills they have no pictures attached.

crumbfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 02:19:08 PM »
Cool! I also love coming up with the flavor/ mechanics for the heroes about as much as doing the art for them. A game like Armello really gets all of those gears turning.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 11:16:53 PM »
Oh I agree.  I never read the novellas but based solely on my own interpretations I'm writing a fanfic.  Link to it is in my signature.  It includes the Usurpers, Bandit Clan, and Rivals characters as well as my Exiles.

As for your characters, I like them but I can't help but feel like Hadamar is a bit underpowered.  I would give him the ability to automatically evade perils on mountains.

crumbfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 08:21:10 AM »
Sweet! I'll check that out.

With Hadamar I was trying to make a Wolf hero that wasn't directly combat-related (while still being a good fighter, of course).  I figured that beginning your turn on a Mountains would grant +1 card, and getting the +1 Body would allow you to basically heal for 1 Health whenever you move onto a Mountain. Plus any perils or quests that relate to those stats would be easier to beat on Mountains. But yeah - I'd have to actually play around with in in a few games before I knew how strong it actually was. With either of the Mountain tile rings he could be a good utility-combat hero.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »
http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=3056.0 - Exiles thread

http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=3551.0 - Journeymen thread

If you wanna' look at mine, just let me know what ya' think.

Lyhli

• Just enjoying the game!
    • View Profile
    • My page at deviantArt.com
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:59:16 AM »
Holy crap, I love your art! Dimitri is a wonderfully desgined character, and I like Orva's hero power a lot! Stunning work!