Author Topic: Rivers achievement - I'm gonna cry you a river (+ give suggestion)  (Read 363 times)

Raitei87

• View Profile
I've gotten almost all achievements (only River and 50 wins left), but Rivers is such a near impossible one to get. Sure you might suggest that I get 3 friends to play it with who would get down to 1hp voluntary, or try seeking random players on forum to do it with but even if I had that many friends playing or found some nice people, it would just feel like a cheat.

To be able to do it in the game you have to be extremely lucky (seriously, the felix felicis potion from Harry Potter wouldn't be enough), getting all the right spells, have enough magic, be close to 3 units with just enough health.

I'm getting a bit sick of always playing River, trying to get this achievement, but I wouldn't want to give up either.

Suggestion: make Rivers ability only take 1AP, no matter what, because right now, shooting someone in the palace or mountain, it takes all/2AP to do it, which seems wrong since I'm not moving to that location, I'm only shooting an arrow. I think this would make the achievement slightly less hard to get, while not making River much stronger. I feel it should have been like this from the start. With this you could, if you get the right choice from the king, spawn the 1hp guards and atleast get two kills from them if you're next to the palace.

Anyway thanks for reading, let me know what you think.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Rivers achievement - I'm gonna cry you a river (+ give suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »
Heyo Raitei87, thanks for hitting us up!

I don't think we'd be willing to rebalance a hero for an achievement's sake! River is in a pretty good place and her flaw makes her interesting, especially considering she can snipe The King and snatch a victory that way.

This achievement is incredibly difficult on purpose. I recommend trying to bank up some +AP cards and/or Teleports etc.

Good luck with it!

<3 Darcy

Raitei87

• View Profile
Re: Rivers achievement - I'm gonna cry you a river (+ give suggestion)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 01:36:49 AM »
Thanks for the answer, I understand.

Sigh... guess I won't be playing another hero in a long time. Oh well, atleast the game is so good that it's fun either way.