Author Topic: Helping figure out Card Balance  (Read 1086 times)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Helping figure out Card Balance
« on: September 20, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
Morning All,

So as I was sitting eating my breakfast this morning and my mind wander, as it has been doing quite frequently over the past week or so, to Armello. This morning's topic was Card balance.

So what I was thinking was that it would be great if you guys could release a list of all the cards and their stats (cost, effects etc) so that the Alpha backers could review them all in one place and make suggestions around balance i.e. does it cost to much gold for the effect it gives etc.

I was also thinking as part of this exercise it would be great if the LOG guys could explain what process they have been through already in regards to creating the cards and balancing them.

Anyways random thought for a Saturday morning.

What do you think ?

Alvorn

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Helping figure out Card Balance
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »
Hey Alvorn!

Thanks for the suggestion, but we won't be releasing any effects lists. We've certainly had the discussion internally and the consensus has always been that the purpose of bringing you, the backers, into the build is to learn and hear about your experiences of the game, within its true context.

Releasing the card data means that you would be observing the cards removed from their context within the game, which is actually how we've been looking at them for over two years now. What is most important and useful right now at this point of development are your impressions and experiences with the cards in the latest build in context with the adjacent systems.

Make sense?

-Trent
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:16:47 PM by Trent Kusters »

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
Yup makes sense :)

Guess Im just gonna have to play more games then. Gosh darn it !  ;)

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:37 PM »
Armello certainly has its roots deep in board game design but it appears that mode of development has sailed. Just like Alvon I was thinking about certain cards individually but then noticed during play that I couldn't divorce them from all the new digital features that would otherwise need to be administrated by complicated dice-rolling GM rules. Stuff like the automated day/night cycle, bane/guard specific rules, quests and more. And while it certainly seems that Armello is feature complete in terms of gameplay right now, that still could change in the future with new stuff changing the whole dynamic of the game.