Author Topic: Purchase Frustration? Who do I bug?  (Read 377 times)

Calealen

• View Profile
Purchase Frustration? Who do I bug?
« on: January 13, 2018, 02:25:20 PM »
I recently purchased the game after trying it out via my spouse's shared access steam account as an available multiplayer option for us. I enjoy the game, but I am incredibly frustrated that when playing his game I had access to all of the DLC (which obviously I didnt know at the time was in fact 3 seperate character packs).

When I purchased the game by following the link, it gave me the $20 game, which was $10 the day before. Irritating but ok I get it, Steam sales and whatnot; however it didnt even show me the option to purchase the entire game package for $40 and change (Im sorry I dont recall the exact name of the kit) which included the game, all of the DLC content and some extras for the forums/music etc.

Suffice to say I was/am fairly unimpressed when I log into the Skeeve shop and see that I now have to pay $10/4 toons plus whatever extras if in theory I wanted to buy them all. So I need to buy an extra $30+ minimum of DLC to play the other toons. However there is an option to buy the $44 all inclusive kit which tells me that it includes a copy of all of the DLC as well as the game (cleverly crossed out and says already own it). No discount on the price for already paying $20 that the base game is on its own.

I doubt there is anything that can be done, but just think that someone needs to realize this is an issue. If I was playing just for my own sake, I honestly can say that I am annoyed enough by this issue that the money I paid for the game would go to waste because I wouldnt come back.

Don't get me wrong, I realize that there are sales that change daily, and I accepted that by paying double the original price; but failing to notify a buyer of an "All Inclusive" kit at the time of purchase is just shitty business practice.

The in-game issue of throwing me into a 45min+ MP match and just changing me to a random character with no indication that the one I was actually trying to select was not available etc. needs to be investigated and resolved. Icing on the cake so to speak.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase Frustration? Who do I bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:29:06 PM »
Hey there Calealen!

It's tough because we do our best to display all of the DLC as obviously as we can on our store page, so people know what they are getting into before they buy anything. Naturally we don't want to shove it in the faces of everyone in-game as not to bug folks that aren't interested.

I think that this is more of a criticism of Steam infrastructure. This format is pretty standard there!

If you encounter any bugs, absolutely submit an in-game bug report!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy