Author Topic: Heavy Plate / Rotten Fog  (Read 560 times)

Fluffhead

• View Profile
Heavy Plate / Rotten Fog
« on: December 24, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »
Heavy Plate Armor’s drawback is too severe imo.  Even if only equipped right before a king battle, if you don’t win the battle the drawback usually means you can’t get back to the palace in time before someone else takes your place since even equipping over it won’t get your AP back. 

Suggestion: change it to say “-1 AP while equipped” so equipping over it returns 1 AP.  Otherwise it’s nearly never worth it.

Rotten Fog is a card I’ve never wanted except for burning the rot for breaking into the palace or burning as a corrupt player.  Consider making it cost 0 mana.  I think that would still be balanced.  Then at least it gives casting bonuses in some scenarios without taking your mana.  The effect is nearly always inconsequential.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Plate / Rotten Fog
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:51:23 PM »
Dangerous. If overequipping would mean that you get your lost AP refunded this would actually mean transferring money into a HRW without the Rot-Drawback. Enter the Castle with the Heavyplate on, pass the peril, then just over-equip the Plate with a towershield and attack the king the same turn. I think this is even more unbalanced than the drawback the Plate has right now.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Fluffhead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 07:21:16 AM »
Enter the Castle with the Heavyplate on, pass the peril, then just over-equip the Plate with a towershield and attack the king the same turn. I think this is even more unbalanced than the drawback the Plate has right now.

Ah yes very good point.  We can't have the heavy plate allowing a same-turn king attack.  It'd be nice to just have that as an exception, but it wouldn't be very easy to communicate that on the card.

Excellent observation.  I still think the card has a drawback that outweighs the benefit right now and could use some tweaks to make it a little better.

Khauss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 05:07:02 PM »
A proper drawback would be to lose your first rolled sword, mayhaps.