Author Topic: The Invaders  (Read 122 times)

Original Bias

• View Profile
The Invaders
« on: December 06, 2017, 12:21:16 AM »
So a while back (as always) I was thinking about character concepts in the Armello universe. Scirbbling, I found myself thinking about characters who may not be native to the Kingdom, had other origins and motivations to aspire for the crown - this spawned a whole list of other things going on in my head, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, news of the King's failing health and sanity has spread far and wide and beyond the reaches of the Kingdom itself, attracting the fancy of other rulers, who smell a chance to expand their borders. The news of the rot returning under a crown would not be tolerated under their banner, and their agents and armies would liberate the native people of this bane, in the name of all that is good and just.

I give you, the Invaders;

Il Capitano
Of course he has a real name to go by, but he wouldn't suffer a commoner to speak it. Il Capitano, as he is called by his subordinates and pretty much anyone else not of noble blood, is the commanding general of the armies of Fidalgia and has come to free the people of Armello from the yoke of the ill-borne King and restore the order of the Wyld.

An excellent and ruthless tactician, he will pay any amount blood, collateral or otherwise, to ensure his objectives are met, which feels somewhat at odds with his supposed goal of liberation, but then the righteous need not pay heed to the bickering of the rable, lest they get distracted.

Fight: 4, Health: 5, Wits: 6, Spirit: 1 - Starting Gold: 7

Scouts: As leader of an army, Il Capitano commands scouts to keep the route ahead of him clear and maintain a clear view of the battlefield. He is treated as if the "Divination" card were active at all times.

-

Ermino
The polar opposite to Il Capitano, Ermino is actually an ex-lieutenant of the Fidalgian army. Ambitious and driven, he'd made a name for himself as an excellent marksman, but there was little else for him to look forward to continuing to serve the noble caste in his native lands.

Well aware that his lowly heritage precluded him from anything truly substantial, Ermino decided he was going to look after himself in another capacity, armed himself with as many pistols as his lithe body would fit and all the gunpowder and ammo he could carry, set fire to his garrisons camp and disappeared into the night.

Wanted for high treason these days, Ermino has readily embraced the life of an outcast. He robs and steals from the rich and powerful, whether at gunpoint or behind their backs is of little matter, and now with the news of the King's health failing, the armellian treasury sounds like a very appealing prize to take indeed, not to mention the promise of a crown and the lands to go with it.

Fight: 6, Health: 4, Wits: 4, Spirit: 2 - Starting Gold: 5

Expert Marksman: Ermino is unrivaled in his talent with dispensing hot lead at a distance. Unless ambushed, Ermino deals damage first. Should the damage result in the death of his opponent, they do not get counter attacks.

-

The two female characters I came up with (because it's always been 2/2) remained in sketches, but if there's enough interest, I'll put some time aside to digitalize them aswell and write up proper fluff and stats for them :3

noelwym

• View Profile
Re: The Invaders
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:04:15 AM »
They are certainly pretty to look at. The Spanish theme is most certainly fitting. But what's the difference between Ermino and River?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:51:05 PM by noelwym »

WriterX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »
If only this forum allowed me to give a "Thumbs Up" option. Or like, an up-vote.  I would give this all my up-votes.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:54:35 PM »
Well, seems El Capitano would already be on Scarlet's bad side from the get go.   In an actual conflict, he'd have to tread VERY carefully.  Being an outsider would mean that the Great Clans and their Heroes wouldn't trust him and if he's apathetic about that, his reign over Armello would be short-lived.  On top of that, he'd be up against a local revolutionary  group whose leader is just as, if not more, cunning and ruthless.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the ideas.  But El Capitano gives me a bad vibe.  In an actual conflict, I'd be rooting or even moving against him.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:56:50 PM by CrazyBob05 »
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"