Author Topic: [Ubuntu 17.10] Game not running latest version, blank characters in game  (Read 390 times)

nyejyh

• View Profile
Build Number:
Build Date: 2016-11-17 10:47:56Z  Version No: release/1.4.3-steam-p2#323a934caea8934d974ea4e95c538f1ae9400224

Platform:
Ubuntu 17.10, running on Steam installed on PlayOnLinux 4.2.12

Description:
Game has been installed with all available DLC shown on Steam; however, not all characters are shown or playable.  Game starts and runs in windowed mode with old update version 1.4 instead of version 1.9.   Attempts at different screen resolution (ranging from 1024x768@60 to 1920x1080@60), graphics quality, and vsync mode made no improvements.  Checked and unchecked all DLC in game did not update game to latest version.   Selecting any characters show nothing.  Playing game with selected character will not show any characters.  Occasionally, you may see the weapons floating in the game.  This applies to AI characters too.  I am not sure if this sort of problem has already been solved since I saw another post of a user on Ubuntu 17.10 successfully playing it with a different bug.

Repro Steps:
1. Open game.
2. Start new single player game and select any available character.
3. Play game and see character missing for all players.

Attachments:
Refer to pictures attached.

CindersPrince

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [Ubuntu 17.10] Game not running latest version, blank characters in game
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 12:33:11 PM »
Hi nyejyh,

That's certainly weird.
Are you running Ubuntu 32bit?
You will need to be running at 64bit in order to get the most up-to-date content.

If this does not resolve your issue, please send us through a game log with a description to qa[at]leagueofgeeks.com so we can investigate further.

Log Locations
On Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/League of Geeks/Armello/logs
(May need to show some hidden files)

Cheers,
Tash

nyejyh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 02:30:51 PM »
Hi Tash,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The Ubuntu is installed under 64 bit as referred by the first screenshot.  I have also experimented by inserting "-64bit" into the "Set Launch Options" in Steam, but this did not change anything.
My attempt to access the log failed because "unity3d" folder does not exist, please refer to the second screenshot.

Cheers,
nyejyh
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:08:31 PM by nyejyh »

CindersPrince

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 03:01:25 PM »
Hi nyejyh,

Some of the folders can be hidden and will require console commands to reveal.

If you still can't find the logs, you can also send us an in-game bugsender report.
Start a singleplayer game -> Bring up the pause menu -> Click the bug icon in the top right of the screen -> Fill in a report.
If you can name the bug report as something like "UBUNTU OLD VERSION" this will help us locate the bug report.

Cheers,
Tash

nyejyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:07:56 PM »
Hi Tash,

Unfortunately, I used the command "ll -a" and still did not see the folder.  Therefore, I opted to send a bug report with the log as advised under "UBUNTU OLD VERSION."   Please let me know if that worked.

Cheers,
nyejyh

nyejyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 05:18:49 AM »
I have figured out what the issue is.  The solution is to not use Steam on PlayOnLinux.  Install the "real" Steam from their website, where they will provide you a .deb file to work with.  For some reason, playing Armello with PlayOnLinux's Steam will depreciate the update.

See you guys in game!  8)