Author Topic: So, is Android still coming?  (Read 1852 times)

flotts

• View Profile
So, is Android still coming?
« on: August 04, 2016, 11:56:03 AM »
I hate to be the one to ask about this, but has anybody heard anything at all about the Android release?
Google still marks Android and iOS as Armello's platforms, but I haven't seen anything about it from 2016, despite the goal for it being Q1 of this year, which is now in Q3...

Plus... Chrome OS recently got complete Android and Play Store support, so it's starting to become a priority within my circle of gamer friends and web developers to see Armello's expansion to Chrome OS and Android TV... Again, I hate to be this guy, but it seems that right around now is probably the most optimal time for an Android release.

All I want is to hear SOMETHING about it, even if it's cancelled...

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: So, is Android still coming?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 07:04:57 PM »
IOS release is going to be first, which has been re-targeted from Q1 2016 to either "Q4 pre holidays" this year if they can beat the Christmas Hype, or Q1 next year if they have it ready in the middle of crazy Christmas hype time.

As a shrewd little company they need to time a release when the gaming press is hungry for material.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 04:54:08 PM »
Hey flotts, we've spoken about this one privately since you posted it but I thought I would reply in case others find the answer valuable.

As Kletian pointed out, we're shooting for late this year or early next for iOS and Android will come after that at some point - I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least Q2 next year. I'm glad you're excited though, we're working as hard as we can!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

RandomAndroidUser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 12:48:21 PM »
October 28th 2017 saying hello to the past and still no android release.

Toodles