Author Topic: [PS4] Armello, worth the buy?  (Read 391 times)

Xarkies

• View Profile
[PS4] Armello, worth the buy?
« on: October 04, 2017, 06:52:20 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if the game was wroth the buy on the PS4, they say the matchmaking is almost non-existent... And you need to ask people in the community to play with you.

And there was some talk going around how bugged it is. So, I am not sure what to do. Should i get the game or not? 

P.s
Please give me your honest opinions. Thanks.

Mike131297

• View Profile
Re: [PS4] Armello, worth the buy?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »
No not for console, they give 0 shits about console players. Massively late updates and huge online connection problems you're wasting your money if you don't get it on pc. Unfortunately I bought it on console first.

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [PS4] Armello, worth the buy?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
Hey Mike131297! Thanks for the kind words.

We actually do give more than 0 shits about our console players. The case is simply that we are a small independent developer (~15 people), that is offering ongoing support and content for free on six platforms.

It's worth noting, PlayStation and Xbox One have the most intensive submission guidelines and technical requirements of all these platforms - they live in the dark ages in comparison to other platforms.

When we need a Steam build, we can turn it around in less than a day and submit the build in 5 mins.

When we need a console build, they can sometimes take over a month to get up to date technically and then submission can take weeks - all through no fault of our own.

With all the above considered, as well as commercial considerations/commitments (i.e., shifting focus to mobile in the lead up to the iOS launch), we actually update console as often as we possibly can.

Do we wish we could update them faster and more regularly? You bet. Of course. However, the short answer is; we can't. The long answer is; we're working on new production processes to decrease our console iteration times. We had meetings with Xbox and PlayStation just last week about how they can better serve developers who have live games - like us.

The good news; We have an update currently planned with a bunch of content. Not sure when it'll hit, but it's in our roadmap. As I've stated previously, we'll be bringing content and support to every platform for as long as they're profitable.

Hope that clears things up. There's no moustache twirling at the expense of console players going on over here - we are also console players.

<3 Trent