Author Topic: Follower Idea: Librarian  (Read 74 times)

Chariot Rider

• View Profile
Follower Idea: Librarian
« on: September 14, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
With all of the archiving I have been doing  lately I began spinning around ideas for a librarian for Armello.  This is what I currently have.

Librarian
Type: Follower
Symbol: Moon
Cost: 0
Ability:  Once per turn when drawing cards you may chose to discard a card you drew and draw another card.
Alternate ability: When drawing a card from the item deck, you have a small chance of drawing a treasure
Image:  a picture of an older mole wearing glasses, reading a dusty anchoring tome.
Quote:  Perhaps the wisdom you seek is hidden away in our archives.
Some people think chivalry is dead but I think it just has a really bad cold

Biologist

• View Profile
Re: Follower Idea: Librarian
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:47:56 AM »
I like the concept. I feel like a librarian would be more likely to let you cycle a card from the spell deck rather than the item deck, but I think people would complain that the effect is too strong then.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »
Heyo Chariot, interesting suggestion! A general rule we have is that followers shouldn't require extra UI elements, which an option of a discard would require.

I like the idea of a follower that discards though! Very interesting.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Chariot Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 04:18:25 AM »
Perhaps this would be a suitable replacement that would not require a UI change.

Ability: +1 spirit if your hand has more spells than any other card type.  +1 wit if your hand has more treachery cards than any other card type.  +1 fight if your hand has more items than any other card type.  If there is a tie no bonus is awarded.

The librarian still retains the general concept of hand manipulation, though that burden is now on the player to either play or burn the cards in an attempt to get the stat they need, leading to some interesting choices that must be made.
Some people think chivalry is dead but I think it just has a really bad cold