Author Topic: Yordana is too overpowered.  (Read 215 times)

kwibjo

• View Profile
Yordana is too overpowered.
« on: December 13, 2017, 02:54:47 AM »
I've been played about 6 games since the Rivals pre-release patch was rolled out with a friend and both of us think Yordana is far too overpowered in her current state.

In a private game we tried to apply as many pact spells on Fang as we could and managed:
  • -2 Fight.
  • -3 Health using her stat steal.
  • +2 Health after every fight the other player got into.
  • +2 Peril difficulty.
  • Stealth against Yordana.
(Making him even more useless than Ghor.)

I was playing as Fang and had the Rubellite ring and scratch amulet equipped and my friend playing as Yordana had the Amethyst ring and feel amulet.

With pact cards like that against a single person it's essentially impossible to do anything until you die and even then, Yordana can gain a new pact card every turn she has if she only draws spells. She is practically able to kill any player on the board with Lighting Strike if she takes on all the quests that give +1 to her spirit.

If the pacts were spread out over several people I don't think it would be so bad. But, there are some people we've seen online who will seem to just target a player with either the highest fight or health to use all her pact cards on until they rage quit.

Another thing we noticed is that while her pact card that grants stealth works if the person playing is alone, if two or more players lobbied together they can just tell each other where she is on the map making it essentially useless. (We didn't do this on online games but it's something we thought people could be able to do.)

Maybe make it so she's only able to use one of each pact card against a player or make the effects don't stack? I'm not sure I feel like there needs to be some kind of nerf.

Teii

• View Profile
Re: Yordana is too overpowered.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 12:38:01 AM »
I don't think Yordana is overpowered.  Spreading your pacts around to some degree is clearly intended simply due to the free-for-all nature of the game.  In a normal game, you have 3 enemies to worry about and curse for different reasons.  There's also perils and banes that you might need those symbols for.  I don't really see an issue with LoG enforcing intended play by making none of the curses stack.

One thing I'm not so sure about is the symbol choice for curse of skill.  Rot cards are generally cards you don't even want.  So, Yordana takes cards that nobody wants and gets her strongest curse by far.  She never has to go through the dilemma of what to do with those cards.  You'd probably assume wyld would get the generally best curse, but it gives a cursed land effect instead.  Maybe she would be too weak if those rot cards weren't useful outside of rot victory and her chances of getting curse of skill were lower.  Curse of skill seems to be a very large part of her compensation for having 2 fight whereas the other 2 fight heroes have stat substitution.

Poopy McButthole

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 02:03:42 AM »
Yordana is fine unless you come across somebody who will pick on you from the beginning. On the second round my game I had to fight Yordana who was on my quest tile and the person playing as her for the rest of the game would only use her spells on me. It's not very fun because you always have a disability and other plays pick on you because of it. My game crashed before I could finish it but honestly I was very close to leaving anyway and not bothering because it wasn't fun.  :-\

Dach

• Backer
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 01:02:09 AM »
Well, what you speak of is annoying indeed, but it isn't specific to Yordana.

Any player spending the whole game  focusing only you is a pain. Whatever character he plays.

Poopy McButthole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 01:59:12 AM »
Well, what you speak of is annoying indeed, but it isn't specific to Yordana.

Any player spending the whole game  focusing only you is a pain. Whatever character he plays.

Ye it isn't but it felt like Yordana is the worst for this out of all of the other heroes because of her pacts. You annoy the wrong person and you are basically forever going to be missing stat points or have harder perils or never know where she is etc...