Author Topic: [MAC] Kings Peril's Don't Reset  (Read 1076 times)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
[MAC] Kings Peril's Don't Reset
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:16:32 PM »
Build Number:  0.1.35

Platform: Mac

Description:
Not sure if this is a bug or how the game is meant to work (if its how its meant to work I'd suggest that it be changed).
I noticed this the other night, when an AI player enters the palace, defeats the peril but then looses to the King in Battle the Peril doesn't reset. The screen shots below show Sana as she is dieing from beating the King and the second one then shows my turn (playing as Mecurio) and as you can see the flag that marks the Peril is not back.

I used this to my advantage the other night and followed the the AI in after they had taken care of the Peril, which meant i just had to defeat the king in combat. Even though it still warned me that I was entering the Palace and I would need to be ready to face the Peril (which would suggest that it should have reset and I should have still had to face it).

Repro Steps:
Wait until another relay defeats a Kings Peril in the palace but then looses to the King in Combat. The Peril doesn't reset.

Attachments:

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] Kings Peril's Don't Reset
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »
I think this is intentional. It means that even if you can beat the peril, you might want to hold of on doing so until you are sure you can beat the king as well. I think it is fine that way, as it opens a tactical option of benefitting on your opponents bad decisions.
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

JimMaru

• Backer
  • ANARCHY FOREVER!
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] Kings Peril's Don't Reset
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:46:59 AM »
Yes, this is intended.
Also other people can fight the king through the peril you passed. So if you can't kill/banish the king after entering the castle someone else might take advantage of that and kill the king himself.