Author Topic: King's Guards vs Banes  (Read 429 times)

runwiththehunted

• View Profile
King's Guards vs Banes
« on: September 02, 2017, 07:08:36 AM »
After sometime away from Armello I've been revisiting the game of late and have been enjoying the new content/changes that have been implemented. The thing I am curious to discuss are the somewhat recent buffs to King's Guards. Specifically I am referring to the addition of the King's Guard Armor as well as the buffs to the Hare's Halberd. I've found these changes to be very welcome, as King's Guards of old were more an inconvenience than they were a threat to the player. However, it seems that there are a couple downstream effects from these changes that LOG overlooked or simply haven't addressed yet. Most notably, banes simply cannot stand up to these guys. Even at night with the dice affinity in their favor it seems that combats between these two are heavily in favor of the King's Guards. In addition, the Hare's Halberd (+1 sword, -1 die to opposition) is now essentially a more common version of the Bastard Sword (+1 sword, +1 die) that costs half the gold to equip. Curious to hear the thoughts of other players.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:10:11 AM by runwiththehunted »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: King's Guards vs Banes
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:57:47 AM »
Isn't the halberd +1 dice to you, -1 to opposition?  That's weaker than bastard sword.