Author Topic: Amber hero redesign  (Read 346 times)

Chariot Rider

• View Profile
Amber hero redesign
« on: September 01, 2017, 12:47:40 PM »
I think it is no secret on the forum the Amber might need a bit of a buff.  Her power is a bit vague and is not any guarantee, so here is my suggestion.

Amber:  When Amber rolls a bane in a dungeon, she deals it 3 damage before engaging.

Hopefully this would reduce the risk of exploring a dungeon, though in a different way than she does now.  Instead of a smaller chance of encountering a bane, she instead can handle the encounter much better, which in my opinion is better.  This was just a off the wall thought I had but I thought you all might find this interesting.
Some people think chivalry is dead but I think it just has a really bad cold

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
Re: Amber hero redesign
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 02:41:39 PM »
I don't think it fits into ambers flavour to kill banes as easily as you propose.

The way she is now (having a much lesser chance of encountering a bane when entering a dungeon) represents the witty adventurer who knows how to slip in and out of a dungeon without waking the slumbering bane much better. She isn't a killer-bunny but some kind of weak, but clever Indiana-Jones-Rabbit.

I agree with you that her hero-power is not as visible to most players as the powers of the others, but I don't think she needs to be changed.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!